Apptio is the leading provider of cloud-based Technology Business Management (TBM) software that helps CIOs and CFOs manage the business of Information Technology. With the complexities around IT (multi-cloud, hybrid cloud, SaaS, digital transformations, agile development), CIOs need a system of record to manage, analyze and assess the technology spend across their organization and feel confident that their investment is being utilized at the greatest level. Enterprise software businesses count on Apptio’s differentiated analytics platform and an industry standard cost model (ATUM), that is served by 5 application families including cost transparency, IT planning, benchmarking, insights and Bill of IT from their technology departments.
Headquartered in Bellevue Washington, Apptio serves over 1,000 customers which include 55% of the Fortune 100. Customers include Cisco, JP Morgan, Fedex, Microsoft, Nike, Barclays, ATT, Great West Life and many more.
In close partnership with the Chief Product Officer (CPO), Head of Engineering, and Apptio’s executive leadership team, the VP Engineering, Apptio Cloudability and Hybrid Products will evolve and drive the vision, roadmap and go-to-market strategy for Apptio’s Cloud offerings products.
The VP Engineering, Apptio Cloudability and Hybrid Products will lead engineering and SaaS operations functions for the Cloud family of offerings. This covers the full product lifecycle:
- Conduct engineering leadership and staffing activities
- Oversee operational execution for a multi-site global team leveraging a modern, cloud native, technology platform
- Recruit/own customer advisor boards, prospect research, win-loss analysis etc.
- Owning positioning, pricing and packaging to position Apptio’s products effectively.
- Developing and driving the GTM strategy to land Apptio’s Cloud value proposition in our field and channel
This role is customer and market facing and you will interact confidently with C-Suite executives and have a strong customer and field presence. You will be a champion for customer focus in the organization and will lead by example in spending a significant amount of time in the field with customers and partners. We expect you to be obsessed about prospects and customers to understand why customers buy, why they don’t buy, and what needs they have that Apptio can solve via new modules and innovation. We expect you to be highly technical and knowledgeable about the public cloud domain, and to bring your ability to establish and maintain high performance engineering teams.
Responsibilities and requirements
- Lead a multi-disciplinary team of experienced engineers, and architects
- Recruit and develop elite talent
- Partner with Product teams to drive roadmap and vision of cloud products
- Own the operational execution of the Cloud engineering teams, from sprints to release to SaaS operations
- Contribute as key member of Apptio’s leadership helping to set overall vision and strategy.
- You are a seasoned technical leader with deep knowledge of the cloud industry,
- You have relevant experience in software engineering
- You care deeply about the details, you value precision, and you value substance – you raise the bar for the individuals and teams that you lead
- You demonstrate experience defining long term product vision
- You can drive definition of market leading SaaS applications built for the Cloud market
- Proven leader and motivator. Entrepreneurial, unafraid to roll-up sleeves, get it done and "lead from the front”
- Track record of success in large companies and hyper-growth ventures with a focus on building high performing product organizations.
- You will be an expert in enterprise software, cloud software, technology trends and Enterprise IT
- You will have a deep strategic insight and business judgment and demonstrate extraordinary communication and interpersonal skills
- You are an attractor of extraordinary talent; strong leader and manager with demonstrated experience leading multi-function teams
- You are a strong collaborator: demonstrated ability to work across a large organization
- Be able to lead, motivate and inspire the global team to outperform expectations and do what it takes to win.
- Transparent, results driven with low ego to drive results – unafraid to admit your mistakes and course-correct
- A Graduate degree is a plus, preferably MS in CS and/or an MBA.
Able to work in the Seattle area (Bellevue, WA) and able to travel frequently.