Apptio is looking for a Network Engineer to help design, build, and maintain our global production networks. We need someone who; works really well with a team of very smart people around the world on interesting tech. Enthusiastically sponsors your own ideas or jumping on-board with other ideas when needed. And of course someone who is technically curious and hungry to self-learn technologies whenever you can.
The Flagship Operations team is responsible for the design, build, and operation of the infrastructure we use to support Apptio’s SaaS service. We are a growing global team with more than 15 team members spread across 5 countries utilizing more than 10 hosting sites in Australia, Europe, and the US. Team members are skilled in many infrastructure technologies and are leading the charge to use advanced infrastructure capabilities to creatively meet our business goals.
What we want you to do:
Collaborate with our Sr. Network Engineer to define the future of our global network. Install and configure network equipment including routers, firewalls, and load balancers. Administer network configurations within our colocation and public cloud environments using automation that you assist in creating. Troubleshoot and resolve network-related events as they occur. Prepare and maintain documentation of existing and new network deployments.
- Experience operating modern datacenter network equipment (Cisco Nexus, Arista, Juniper, F5) in production environment.
- Familiar with common network protocols (OSPF,BGP,HSRP,VPC)
- You’ve automated network operations with a scripting language or automation tool such as Ansible or Puppet
- Great ability at finding problems and fixing them when the pressure is on
- A background with hands on experience in one or more Infrastructure Technologies:
- Cisco Nexus switches, 9000 series a plus
- Cisco ASR routers
- Juniper SRX firewalls
- F5 LTM and GTM
- AWS networking
- Linux networking and virtualization
- Monitoring tools like Sensu, Graphite, Splunk, PRTG or similar
- Coding against APIs for infrastructure automation
- Using source code repository such as git for your coding/configuration work
- Physical datacenter knowledge e.g. fiber cabling, circuit cross-connects, power, cooling, etc.
- Experience with:
**Apptio benefits include Company-Paid employee health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, and generous contributions to a health savings account. We also offer participation in a flexible spending account, 401k, and other voluntary programs.
Apptio is the business management system of record for hybrid IT. We transform the way IT runs its business and makes decisions. With our cloud-based applications, IT leaders manage, plan, and optimize their technology investments across on-premises and cloud. With Apptio, IT leaders become strategic partners to the business by demonstrating the value of IT investments, accelerate innovation, and shift their technology investments from running the business to digital innovation. Hundreds of customers choose Apptio as their business system of record for hybrid IT. For more information, please visit www.Apptio.com.
Apptio Inc. is not open to 3rd party solicitation or resumes for our posted FTE positions. Resumes received from 3rd party agencies that are unsolicited will be considered complimentary.
Apptio, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Apptio, Inc. complies with appropriate state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.