Ambulnz is a fast growing national ambulance company on a mission to transform the medical transportation industry. Our philosophy is simple, when EMTs are empowered to care for their own families, they are better enabled to care for others. We are bringing innovation to a stagnant industry and are looking for compassionate and customer service focused Dispatchers to join us on our mission to improve patient care.
As a Dispatcher you play a critical role as the first line of response for our patients and customers in non-emergency situations.
Our dispatchers are expected to:
- Be a team player , as EMS is a team effort, and providers must provide necessary assistance to ensure system readiness and adherence to quality assurance standards.
- Be flexible as emergency services operate on a 24-hour clock - your work shift schedule may vary due to the nature of the business.
- Coordinate the Work and Activities of EMTs.
- Conduct yourself in a courteous, helpful, and professional manner at all times when dealing with patients, co-workers, supervisors and or the public.
- Receive, prioritize, and dispatch calls in CAD system.
- Provide top tier customer service to medical facilities, the public, and our EMTs.
- Gather patient billing information and appropriate billing signatures.
- Roll up your sleeves and get things done!
- Maintain professional demeanor in office and while on the phone with customers.
- Dispatch ambulances to scheduled runs to ensure appropriate medical level of transport care to area facilities.
- Intakes a large call volume, triages to determine appropriate level of care and coordinate transport.
Were looking for dispatchers with the following qualifications:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Proven experience as a dispatcher in a relevant field (EMS/ Clinical background is preferred)
- Tech-savvy with knowledge of computer aided dispatch software (CAD)
- Fast typing with experience in data entry
- Knowledge of procedures and guideline for emergency situations
- Proficient in English (oral and written)
- Outstanding organizational and multitasking abilities
- Active listener with excellent communication skills
- Sound judgement and critical thinking
- Emergency Medical Technician training and certification
What's in it for you?
- A friendly work environments that encourages respect
- An opportunity to work closely with proven executive team, board, and serial entrepreneurs
- An environment that embraces a "work hard-play hard" culture and has fun
- Team members love what they do and are willing to go the extra mile to help our patients
- Competitive compensation and benefits package (with company contribution)
- Company sponsored team building events
- Flexible schedules
- Stations stocked with unlimited snacks and drinks
- Paid time off
- Employee perks and discounts
Join our team in making major and much-needed changes in the way patient care is delivered and how EMT's are respected in the industry!