At Alamar Biosciences, we’re on a mission to transform the field of proteomics for the early detection of cancer and other diseases. We are creating the world’s most sensitive proteomics platform to unmask the deepest secrets of our proteome. Our fully automated, high throughput platform will empower new biomarker discoveries for early detection and prevention of common diseases. We provide exceptional opportunities for those who have the entrepreneurial spirit, enjoy developing novel technologies and products, and aspire to grow together with the company.
We are seeking a Technology Access Program Scientist with a passion for innovation to augment our novel biomarker detection and quantitation capability on Alamar’s novel technology platform. In this position, the scientist will be working very closely with industrial, pharmaceutical, and academic clients to expand the market and develop novel tools for various research areas. You will be working in a fast-paced environment, on multiple projects, and will be a part of a rapidly growing company to make a big impact in life science research and early disease diagnosis.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Be a technical and scientific resource to Alamar clients in research project discussions regarding Alamar’s technology platform and clients’ research needs.
- Design and execute experiments for sample testing, new biomarker detection, instrument proof-of concept projects based on clients’ request and SOW.
- Perform troubleshooting or optimization of key assays utilized as needed.
- Proactively identify opportunities for product and process improvement and share feedback with technology/content development team.
- Generate and create custom reports of projects to deliver to clients.
- Participate in teleconference meetings with biotech, pharmaceutical, and academic clients and present assay data.
- Collaborate with the research and field teams for assay transfer to support clients' projects and their relevant scientific applications.
- Maintain and organize sample and reagent inventory.
- Ph.D. degree in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or a related discipline.
- Hands on experience running and/or developing immunoassays, such as ELISA or similar, as well as experience generating, analyzing, and reviewing assay data.
- Self-motivation with a positive “can do” attitude, attention to detail and ability to manage complex projects.
- Knowledge in emerging reagent and immunoassay technologies is essential.
- Experiences in developing multi-plex assays desirable.
- Knowledge in biomarker discovery, assay prototyping, performance optimization, and control system design preferred.
- Data management skills highly beneficial.
- Strong communication skills to work within a multidisciplinary team environment required.
- Prior customer facing and industry experience is desirable.
We offer a competitive and comprehensive employee benefits package, including daily lunch, health, dental, vision, life insurance, a flexible spending plan, paid vacation, stock options and a 401(k) plan.
Alamar Biosciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer.