Absci is a generative AI drug creation company on a mission to create better biologics for patients, faster. We are the company unlocking the design of new antibodies on a computer from scratch, and we’re just getting started. It will take a state-of-the-art wet lab, artificial Intelligence, and above all else a team of brilliant Unlimiters working together to achieve our vision of breakthrough therapeutics at the click of a button, for everyone. We are gritty, creative, and we are pushing the limits of science in a way that no one has done before because that’s how we will save lives. Join us as we redefine what’s possible.
Absci is a global company with a state-of-the-art lab and headquarters in the beautiful Pacific Northwest US, ten minutes from Portland, Oregon, and just an hour away from world-class alpines and rugged Pacific coastlines. Check out this short video to learn more and see how #Unlimiters are creating drugs at the speed of AI: absci.com/joinus
We are seeking Research Scientists to join our world-class Artificial Intelligence (AI) team and advance generative models for protein drug design. As a Research Scientist, you will develop advanced machine learning techniques that will be deployed for the creation of lifesaving drugs. We are looking for people who can draw on significant expertise in deep learning or related disciplines such as natural language processing, protein design, and computer vision, to develop innovative models that can learn from and generate new proteins. This position can be Remote, Hybrid or Onsite in Vancouver, WA, New York, New York or Belgrade, Serbia.
- Design, implement and evaluate cutting-edge generative models for protein design
- Effectively report and communicate research findings to AI and wet-lab teams across the company
- Develop sampling techniques for designing diverse proteins
- Collaborate with data scientists and wet-lab biologists on the design and integration of wet-lab experiments
- Deploy large-scale distributed training systems on our in-house A100-based supercomputer
- PhD in Machine Learning or equivalent practical experience
- Publications at major machine learning conferences & scientific journals, or extensive experience creating deep learning models in industry
- Strong Python programming skills, including with Numpy, Scipy, and Pandas, with emphasis on data science and machine learning applications.
- Experience designing and training complex deep learning models in PyTorch or related platforms
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively on projects with multiple contributor.
Preferred (but not required):
- Industry experience developing and training deep learning models, preferably in the life-sciences domain
- Background in structural biology
- Experience with antibody / biologics engineering
- NGS analysis experience
- Experience with large-scale multi-node training on an HPC GPU cluster
- Hands-on experience developing deep generative models for language modeling or geometric applications
The salary range for this position is $80,000 - $250,000/year. Competitive equity package applies. Pay offered may vary considerably depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience, with an emphasis in machine learning, engineering, and modeling expertise.
Absci offers highly competitive salaries and benefits, including medical, dental, vision insurance, unlimited vacation, parental leave, breakfast and lunch for onsite employees, employee assistance program, voluntary life and disability insurance, annual bonus potential, and 401(k) with a generous company match.
We seek candidates who will dive into our creative company culture that’s collaborative, multidisciplinary, and committed to a big vision for positive impact. We are defying conventions and innovating without boundaries. We are disrupting an industry with bold ideas and passionate pursuit of new possibilities. We are looking for original thinkers, creative scientists, and data-devoted gurus. Successful candidates will be excited to work in a dynamic environment and contribute as a key member of a project team. If this sounds good to you, we invite you to join us in our quest to redefine possible.
Legal authorization to work in the United States is required. Absci is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Absci will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law. Absci offers a dog-friendly work environment - bring your pup along for the ride.