We are seeking an experienced Scientist in Targeted Proteomics to join our team at Kymera Therapeutics. The successful candidate will develop targeted MS-based assays, characterize their performance and quantify protein targets of interest in preclinical samples across species to assess PD/PK performance of Targeted Protein Degradation drugs. This candidate will be expected to expeditiously generate high quality data, effectively communicate the results to the project teams and collaborate with individuals experienced in each function of drug discovery pipeline and disease area throughout the company.
Kymera Therapeutics is a publicly listed, clinical stage biotechnology company pioneering the field of targeted protein degradation (TPD) to bring life-changing medicines to patients that need them. Kymera’s Pegasus™ TPD platform harnesses the body’s natural protein recycling machinery to degrade disease-causing proteins, with a focus on undrugged nodes in validated pathways currently inaccessible with conventional therapeutics. As we work toward becoming a fully-integrated biopharmaceutical company, we are growing and strengthening organizational capabilities and evolving our culture. As a result, Kymera has been recognized by both the Boston Globe and the Boston Business Journal as one of Boston’s top workplaces.
In 2023, we plan to continue to advance our leadership in TPD and enhance our capabilities to deliver on the potential of inventing a new class of protein degrader medicines for patients. Kymera is rapidly advancing four clinical stage programs in oncology and immunology, and is positioned to deliver one additional Investigational New Drug Applications (IND) annually. We are also actively advancing a broad pipeline of preclinical programs where TPD has the potential to provide a best-in-class approach, both internally and in collaboration with our partners Sanofi and Vertex Pharmaceuticals.
- Develop, optimize, and implement targeted proteomics analysis workflows, including automated antibody enrichment strategies, for precise, accurate, and sensitive protein measurements using stable isotope dilution mass spectrometry.
- Work with project teams to identify targeted proteomics assay needs, samples requirements and deliverables.
- Perform targeted protein MS assays using state-of-the-art LC-MS systems; including nano-LC, Orbitrap and TQMS platforms to determine drug PD, optimize SAR, profile E3 ligases and quantify biomarkers for patient stratification.
- Prepare samples from a wide variety of biological matrices (cultured cells, tumor tissues, biofluids, etc)
- Perform data analysis utilizing commercially available or free proteomics software (Skyline, MaxQuant, Spectrum Mill, etc).
- Maintain and qualify HPLC and MS instrument performance
- Keep accurate inventory of peptide standards and reagents
- Stay up to date in the field of targeted proteomics and mass spectrometry.
- PhD in Biochemistry, Biology, Chemistry, Chemical Biology, or related discipline with 3+ years of experience in targeted mass spectrometry-based proteomics in industry or startup biotech setting or,
- BS/MS with 8 + years of experience
- Broad experience in targeted proteomics is required for:
- configuring highly multiplexed and sensitive PRM/MRM stable isotope labeled peptide assays using label-free and TMT-labeled Discovery Proteomics data
- developing and optimizing targeted MS methods to monitor protein or small molecule targets across a wide dynamic range in a variety of sample types (cells, tissues, biofluids) and formulations (fresh, frozen, FFPE)
- incorporating antibody or IMAC enrichment strategies of proteotypic peptides or phosphopeptides to improve assay LOD/LLOQ and throughput using LC-MRM-MS
- acquiring and searching discovery proteomics data to rank and select the best proteotypic peptides to generate targeted protein assays for human and pre-clinical species
- Operating, maintaining and troubleshooting HPLC, nanoLC, Orbitrap and QQQ instruments
- Demonstrated ability to independently analyze, and interpret targeted proteomics data to recommend project next steps
- Ability to organize and multitask efficiently and generate high quality MS data to meet key clinical timelines
- Ability to communicate data and methodologies effectively in a fast paced, team-oriented environment
- Working knowledge of operation of lab automation, KingFisher, AssayMAP Bravo or other liquid handling robotic systems is a plus.
Kymera Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all job applicants. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other factors prohibited by law.