We are seeking an experienced and passionate Cheminformatics/Computational Chemistry Scientist to join Kymera Therapeutics. The successful candidate will develop and apply cutting-edge cheminformatics techniques and workflows to support our lead discovery and optimization efforts. As a scientific and technical leader, you will be critically contributing to all aspects of drug discovery, enabling data-driven decisions to advance discovery programs. This is a truly unique opportunity to be at the forefront of the targeted protein degradation space.
Kymera Therapeutics is a publicly listed, clinical stage biotechnology company pioneering the field of targeted protein degradation (TPD) to bring life-changing medicines to patients that need them. Kymera’s Pegasus™ TPD platform harnesses the body’s natural protein recycling machinery to degrade disease-causing proteins, with a focus on undrugged nodes in validated pathways currently inaccessible with conventional therapeutics. As we work toward becoming a fully-integrated biopharmaceutical company, we are growing and strengthening organizational capabilities and evolving our culture. As a result, Kymera has been recognized by both the Boston Globe and the Boston Business Journal as one of Boston’s top workplaces.
In 2023, we plan to continue to advance our leadership in TPD and enhance our capabilities to deliver on the potential of inventing a new class of protein degrader medicines for patients. Kymera is rapidly advancing four clinical stage programs in oncology and immunology, and is positioned to deliver one additional Investigational New Drug Applications (IND) annually. We are also actively advancing a broad pipeline of preclinical programs where TPD has the potential to provide a best-in-class approach, both internally and in collaboration with our partners Sanofi and Vertex Pharmaceuticals.
- Working closely with project teams, apply cheminformatics tools to help the team make data-driven decisions
- In collaboration with Lead Discovery, develop and deploy HTS triage workflows, including screening library analysis/design, hit deconvolution, SAR analysis, datamining, and hit selection
- Develop and deploy predictive models and tools in project teams to help optimize potency or ADMET properties
- Interface with IT and external partners/CROs to develop and optimize the computational discovery infrastructure including cloud resources, collaborative discovery interface, KNIME, Pipeline Pilot, and other automation interfaces
- PhD, or equivalent, in the field of computational chemistry, cheminformatics, or computer science with 5+ years of experience working in small-molecule drug discovery teams in a pharma or biotech setting.
- Strong track record of applying Cheminformatics techniques for hit finding, hit expansion, data analytics, datamining and visualization
- Strong programming skills in Python required
- Experience with automation and informatics platforms KNIME or Pipeline Pilot
- Ability to independently solve problems, to think critically and creatively as part of a fast-paced and multidisciplinary team.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with all stakeholders.
- Strong sense of urgency to help bring new and more effective medicine to patients.
- Passion for drug discovery and to help accelerate the drug discovery and development process.
- Goal-driven, operates with a sense of urgency, highly collaborative, open-minded, data-driven, and creative.
- Ability to dive deep into the details while focused on the big picture.
- Persistent in the face of obstacles and uncertainty, flexible, self-aware of strengths and weaknesses, brutally objective in the evaluation of data and strongly optimistic about overcoming challenges.
Kymera Therapeutics is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.