* Fulcrum requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. This requirement is a condition of employment at Fulcrum, and it applies regardless of whether or not the position is located onsite at Fulcrum’s headquarters in Cambridge, MA. If you are unable to receive the vaccine due to a serious medical condition, or because it is prohibited as a result of your sincerely held religious beliefs, you will have an opportunity to request a reasonable accommodation.
Fulcrum Therapeutics, headquartered in Cambridge, MA, is a publicly traded (FULC) clinical-stage company focused on improving the lives of patients with genetically defined rare diseases in areas of high unmet medical need. Fulcrum’s two lead programs in clinical development are losmapimod, a small molecule for the treatment of facioscapulohumeral muscular dystrophy (FSHD) and FTX-6058, a small molecule designed to increase expression of fetal hemoglobin for the treatment of sickle cell disease and other hemoglobinopathies, including beta-thalassemia. The company’s proprietary product engine, FulcrumSeekTM, identifies drug targets that can modulate gene expression to treat the known root cause of gene mis-expression.
We are looking for a Senior Accountant who is enthusiastic, detail-oriented, organized, and has a strong accounting background within life sciences. The right candidate will be a team player and have the ability to think independently to solve problems. This position will report to the Accounting Manager and will play a critical role in the Company’s rapidly growing accounting operations, including the month-end close process, SEC reporting, technical accounting, and day-to-day accounting needs, including transactional accounting. This role will also support the annual audit, quarterly reviews, and the operation of internal controls over financial reporting.
- Lead the activities associated with the month-end and quarter-end accounting close process, and continuously improve processes to scale with the organization
- Prepare the Company’s external financial reports, including SEC reporting (Form 10-K’s, 10-Q’s, Proxy, etc.), earnings releases, and internal management reporting
- Prepare materials for Audit Committee meetings
- Serve as primary point of contact with external audit and quarterly reviews
- Oversee the performance of transactional accounting activities, including payroll processing, accounts payable, and equity transactions
- Work closely with the Corporate Controller and Accounting Manager in maintaining an effective control environment
- Perform other related duties and ad hoc projects as needed
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in Accounting
- Minimum of 2-3 years of public company or public accounting experience
- Biotech experience strongly preferred
- Experience in developing a team
- Excellent writing skills and attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented self-starter with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines
- In-depth knowledge of and ability to apply generally accepted accounting principles and concepts
- Must be a critical thinker and problem solver able to question what is and recommend what should be
- CPA is preferred