Dyno Therapeutics is reshaping the gene therapy landscape through AI-powered vectors. Through the application of our transformative technologies and strategic partnerships with leaders in gene therapy, we believe a future with life changing gene therapies for millions of people is within reach.
Our team includes world-class molecular and synthetic biologists, protein engineers and gene therapy scientists working alongside software engineers, data scientists, and machine learning experts to transform the landscape of available gene therapy capsids. Dyno was named Startup of the Year in 2020 by Xconomy, Endpoints 11 in 2021, and one of America’s Best Startups in 2022 by Forbes!
Computational Biologist - Capsid Data Science. Computational Biology is at the heart of Dyno’s platform, and your work as a part of the Capsid Data Science team can have a major impact on the future of gene therapy. The Capsid Data Science team develops statistical methods and computational infrastructure for data processing, integrates inputs from across the company in analysis of capsid performance, provides capsid measurements and analysis outputs that enable stakeholders to assess value of capsid data, and synthesizes data across experiments to evaluate capsids in the context of our capsid product goals.
How You Will Contribute
As a Computational Biologist - Capsid Data Science, you will be responsible for analyzing biological data in a statistically rigorous manner, evaluating capsid performance, and communicating findings to stakeholders across Dyno. The Capsid Data Science team works closely with other teams and is instrumental in enabling decision-making based on the data collected at Dyno.
- Use a strong understanding of statistics, next-generation sequencing, AAV biology, and molecular biology to explore and interpret data from high-, medium-, and low-throughput AAV capsid experiments.
- Communicate results to biologists, machine learning scientists, and corporate development and legal teams.
- Contribute to building pipelines and infrastructure for accelerating data exploration and interpretation and increasing access to findings.
Who You Are
- Trusted partner
- Team oriented
- Thoughtful & detail oriented
- Work with a sense of urgency
- Appreciate opportunities at the intersections of data science and biology
- MS or Ph.D. in computational biology, statistics, physics (or related fields) or equivalent experience
- 4+ years’ post grad work experience with a focus in data science
- Familiarity with any of the following: molecular biology, protein engineering, gene therapy, immunology, or virology
- Strong foundation in statistics
- Expertise in Python and relevant data science packages (e.g. pandas, scipy, seaborn)
- Passion for solving problems
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with scientists of different backgrounds
- Work experience in an industry setting
- Experience working with NGS data
- Publications in peer-reviewed journals or conferences
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Dyno Tx and other biotech companies have recently been made aware of a growing number of email scams targeting job candidates in our industry. Our recruiters at Dyno use @dynotx.com email addresses exclusively. We do not ask candidates to purchase anything through us or to provide sensitive identifiable information via email (outside of a resume). If a person claiming to be a Dyno Tx recruiter with an alternative domain reaches out to you regarding a job posting, please report it to our team by emailing email@example.com with details.
Job Type: Full-time