Dyno Therapeutics is reshaping the gene therapy landscape through AI-powered vectors. Through the application of our transformative technologies and strategic partnerships with leaders in gene therapy, we believe a future with life changing gene therapies for millions of people is within reach.
Our team includes world-class molecular and synthetic biologists, protein engineers and gene therapy scientists working alongside software engineers, data scientists, and machine learning experts to transform the landscape of available gene therapy capsids. Dyno was named Startup of the Year in 2020 by Xconomy, Endpoints 11 in 2021, and one of America’s Best Startups in 2022 by Forbes!
Principal Scientist - CNS Research Team Lead. The CNS Research Team at Dyno conducts research and assay development to improve our biological understanding of AAV CNS targeting in primates. The team also operationally supports generation of validation data and in vivo study design. We are searching for a Team Lead that is motivated by an interest in CNS biology and a drive to improve treatment options for CNS disorders. This role requires an expertise in CNS biology and physiology, experience managing direct reports, broad molecular biology skillset, as well as imaging and histology experience.
How You Will Contribute
As Principal Scientist - CNS Research Team Lead you will be responsible for leading the CNS Research Team to devise, design, and execute compelling capsid validation assays in disease-relevant tissues in vivo. The team works closely with Product Development and Business Development groups to align their team’s approach with Dyno’s business needs, with the goals of discovering and validating capsids with transformative potential for delivering gene therapies to patients.
- Lead a team that designs and executes field-leading in vivo capsid validation assays tailored to overcome the physiological barriers in the CNS
- Collaborate closely with Product Development, Business Development, and R&D Leadership to set and execute on a capsid validation strategy that achieves Dyno’s business goals
- Share deep scientific expertise in CNS biology with interfacing ML and lab teams to accelerate Dyno’s capsid engineering goals
- Lead Partner-facing scientific interactions
Who you are
- Experienced experimentalist with an expertise in neurobiology
- Trusted partner and leader
- Team oriented with a collaborative mindset
- Thoughtful & detail oriented
- Work with a sense of urgency
- Respectful and supportive colleague
- Good communicator who actively shares ideas
- Ph.D. in Biology, Biomedical Engineering, or related field
- 4+ years of experience in the biotechnology industry with a focus on gene therapy development
- Expert knowledge of organ physiology and cell biology in the mammalian CNS, including experience using large animal models for in vivo studies
- 2+ years experience managing direct reports
- Hands-on wet lab experience, including work with histology (IF, FISH), molecular biology, vector design, and disease models
- Experience in preclinical development
- Ph.D. in Neuroscience or Neurobiology with working knowledge of CNS anatomy and physiology
- Hands-on experience using AAV capsids for gene delivery
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Dyno Tx and other biotech companies have recently been made aware of a growing number of email scams targeting job candidates in our industry. Our recruiters at Dyno use @dynotx.com email addresses exclusively. We do not ask candidates to purchase anything through us or to provide sensitive identifiable information via email (outside of a resume). If a person claiming to be a Dyno Tx recruiter with an alternative domain reaches out to you regarding a job posting, please report it to our team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with details.
Job Type: Full-time