Summary of Job:
The Operations Coordinator will develop solutions for business challenges to support operational planning and goals by working closely with Operations and department leadership to identify weaknesses in the department operations and lead initiatives to strengthen them.
Key Role and Responsibilities:
- Identify, plan, manage, and execute projects with a focus on cross-department standardization and increased efficiency across all department teams. Coordinate and manage project tasks to ensure project delivery within allotted budget and timeline. Liaise with program leadership and other departments as necessary to facilitate project completion. (40%)
- Intake, gather, and respond to emergent data collection requests or other urgent needs from Sr. Director/ Manager of Ops, SVP, and other stakeholders (20%)
- Evaluate current operational performance in the department and assist in strategic planning for improvements. Identify problems in operations process and resolve them in quickly and timely manner. Use reporting tools (i.e. Tableau) to develop and enhance reports that measure overall department performance. (15%)
- Monitor, control and manage business operations compliance to standard processes and best practices. Maintain clear and accurate operations documents/procedures for reference purposes. (15%)
- Assist in implementation planning for new programs according to internal launch schedules. (10%)
Education and Experience:
- 1-2 years of experience
- Demonstrated general understanding of business operations.
- Analytical thinker with great attention to detail
- A comprehensive understanding of Salesforce is required.
- Advanced Excel skills required and database skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to identify opportunities for improvement and make constructive suggestions for change.
- Great communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to communicate difficult/sensitive information in a tactful manner.
- Well-developed sense of discretion regarding access to sensitive information.
- Enthusiasm and the ability to thrive in an environment of constant change.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
Eliminating the back row in higher education is not just a metaphor–it’s our mission. For more than a decade, 2U, Inc., a global leader in education technology, has been a trusted partner and brand steward of great universities. We build, deliver, and support more than 250 digital and in-person educational offerings, including graduate degrees, professional certificates, Trilogy-powered boot camps, and GetSmarter short courses. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 150,000 students and lifelong learners. To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with snacks and seltzer.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO for your vacation, personal, or sick days
- Additional time off benefits include:
- time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
- parental leave after 9 months of employment
- holidays that include a winter break from Christmas through New Year and more!
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.
2U will consider qualified job applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law, including Los Angeles' Fair Chance Ordinance.