We are a driverless car company. We’re building the world’s best autonomous vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
Our vehicles are on the road in California, Arizona, New York, and Michigan navigating some of the most unpredictable driving environments. We’re hiring people who want to solve unusual problems while making an immensely positive impact.
Our team is small but we move quickly and are committed. We are hiring Autonomous Vehicle Trainers to help us test and improve the performance of our driverless cars!
We’re looking for drivers who are focused, team players.
We are seeking fast-learning, enthusiastic people to operate self-driving vehicles. We're building a team of people who are safety-minded and eager to be on the forefront of emerging technology.
- Demonstrate the safety and reliability of our systems and technology
- Operate the technology in self-driving Cruise vehicles on a shift schedule
- Complete timely and detailed ride reports, procedures, and tests on system performance in order to collect data for our operations and engineering teams
- Provide essential feedback on system performance to the team
- Assist in training and mentoring new team members during shift
- Work in teams, taking turns between (i) driving (some manual driving but primarily monitoring the vehicle's behavior in autonomous mode and taking over when necessary), (ii) software monitoring and logging responsibilities and (iii) providing remote assistance
- Test other aspects of our driverless cars
- Provide feedback and insight on safety, vehicle, and training procedures and processes
- Maintain positive relationships and communication with peers, team leads, and leadership
- Maintain the Cruise brand by keeping cars clean each shift by vacuuming, dusting, and wiping down each vehicle
- Maintain a safe and clean car each shift by notifying and communicating to team leaders any issues in a timely manner
- Ad-hoc projects as assigned
- Must be able to work 40 hours a week on your assigned shift
- Comfortable with working in moving vehicles; not prone to motion sickness
- Comfortable working within confined spaces for prolonged periods of time
- Comfortable taking notes on a laptop in a moving vehicle
- Ability to quickly learn new technology
- Must have a positive, team-player attitude
- Flexible mindset and comfortable with constant change
- Able to drive and/or spend time sitting in the car for 5 - 7 hours per day
- Licensed to drive for at least three (3) years
- Able to focus on monitoring software in a moving vehicle
- Comfortable with learning new and evolving technologies
- Must be able to work and make choices under pressure
- Clean driving record
- Considerate driver
- Willing and able to strictly adhere to state and local driving laws along with safety policies set forth by the company
- Clean background check and drug screen
- Effective and professional communication skills
- Enthusiasm for driverless cars!
- Bachelor’s degree and/or four years of work and/or Military experience
- Professional driving experience is a plus
- Start-up experience
What you get:
- Benefits options + 401k + some paid holidays
- Team celebrations for milestones and birthdays
- Participate in an exciting work environment with new and emerging technologies
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.