We're the driverless car company. We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. Our team is small and we move quickly. We’re currently testing a fully driverless solution on city streets. We're looking for smart, ambitious people to help build the world’s largest fleet of driverless cars.
We’re looking for a General Manager to oversee and direct all fleet operations in the city of New York. The General Manager’s primary focus is (1) to ensure excellence and consistency in local market operations and (2) to own all local market KPIs. General Managers are the subject matter experts for their respective local market operational activities, with a deep understanding of local market geographies, requirements, and nuances. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 6 years of experience in managing local or regional Operations teams, and experience with high-growth environments is a plus. This position reports into the VP of Global Markets.
- Oversee and direct all operations in the local market, ensuring activities meet deadlines, objectives, and quality/safety standards
- Hire, train, mentor, and lead the team you need to manage and test a fleet of driverless vehicles including key local roles including, but not limited to: AV Trainers (safety drivers), Operations Managers, Test Engineers, Vehicle Technicians, People Ops, etc.
- Document and analyze existing business processes, identify challenges, and make appropriate recommendations for improvement
- Optimize local fleet to meet daily operational needs, KPIs, and future company growth targets
- Drive team operational excellence in adherence with Cruise standards and policies
- Make proactive recommendations to leadership to improve overall market performance
- Work with Engineering and Operations teams to identify and optimize key improvement areas and processes to support both local and company-wide success regarding market operation performance
- Serve as a local subject matter expert
- Operate with a high level of autonomy
- 6+ years experience in Operations at a high-growth company
- MBA or equivalent master’s degree in relevant field and/or equivalent work experience
- Strong experience and proven ability to lead people and high-performing teams based on prior experience
- Strong leadership skills, with an ability to both serve as a strong individual contributor and direct team activities
- Clear and precise communication, both written and verbal
- Ability to provide reliable judgement in complex situations
- Must be able to link strategies to financial results
- Able to model financial and non-financial requirements to support your market
- Able to recruit and lead a rapidly growing team
- Possess technical acumen, business expertise, and an ability to communicate with both engineering and operations teams
- Comfort with ambiguity and rapidly changing market conditions
- Able to juggle numerous activities & projects simultaneously and with ease
- Passionate about self-driving technology and its potential impact on the world
- Previous experience in automotive and/or high-tech industry
- Previous experience managing a P&L
- Proven track record scaling offices/programs
- Engineering background
- MBA from top business school preferred
- Solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including matched 401k, medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your work station
- Free rides in self-driving cars!
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.