We operate as a small and nimble start-up although we do have an established track record that gives us momentum. Since 1995, Embark has been the leading provider of online application and admissions software to colleges, universities, and fellowship programs around the world. To date, we've powered more than 15 million students applications to clients including Harvard, Stanford, NYU, and the Rhodes and Fulbright fellowships.
Our admissions platform is always evolving and we're also creating new solutions to match students with educational opportunities. Most recently, we've launched a free service to help students submit their federal financial aid forms and match them with the most affordable financial products to help them save for college. We recently launched a brand new platform written in a modern tech stack and there are many exciting engineering challenges, including the application of machine learning to our matching problem.
Embark is profitable and growing and has attracted strong investor interest, so we are looking for a collaborative team member who can be join the company and participate in its growth.
Embark is looking for an enthusiastic full-stack engineer to help us build the next iteration of our admissions platform. We are hiring at all experience levels -- maybe you are a recent bootcamp grad or graduate with a comp sci degree or a more experienced industry veteran. In this position you will work side by side with a small team of talented and motivated engineers. You’ll be building features across our entire software stack, modeling and mining data, building performant APIs, and constructing sharp user interface components.
You are passionate about piecing together the software puzzle and putting innovative products in the hands of users. You are excited to conspire with your team members and work in a fast-paced, collaborative, and agile environment. You are obsessed with writing clean, maintainable, and performant code, and are excited to participate in the entire product development lifecycle. If you don't already live in New York, please let us know about your potential timing for a move.
- Open to all experience levels
- For those new to coding -- bachelor’s degree in a technical or quantitative field or a recent completion of an immersive bootcamp (generally, we look for 3.5+ GPA and/or strong project sample)
- For those with industry experience -- engineering role at a top company or experience in the trenches at a start-up
- Exceptional programming skills and an obsession with building quality software
- Passion for technology
- Agile experience
- Experience with a modern tech stack and willingness to learn ours (Node.js, AngularJS, MongoDB, Express, and Git)
- A never-ending desire to learn
We welcome diversity and encourage all candidates to apply!