Since 1995, Embark has been the leading provider of online application and admissions software to colleges, universities, and fellowship programs around the world. To date, we've powered more than 14 million students applications to clients including Harvard, Stanford, NYU, and the Rhodes and Fulbright fellowships.
Our admissions platform is always evolving and we're also creating new solutions to match students with educational opportunities. Think of our new service as a Priceline for university education where schools are able to fill their open seats with talented students. We recently launched a brand new platform written in a modern tech stack and there are many exciting engineering challenges, including the application of machine learning to our matching problem.
Embark is profitable and growing and has attracted strong investor interest, so we are looking for a collaborative team member who can be join the company and participate in its growth.
Embark is looking for an enthusiastic full-stack engineer to help us build the next iteration of our admissions platform. We are hiring at all experience levels -- maybe you are a recent bootcamp grad or graduate with a comp sci degree or a more experienced industry veteran. In this position you will work side by side with a small team of talented and motivated engineers. You’ll be building features across our entire software stack, modeling and mining data, building performant APIs, and constructing sharp user interface components.
You are passionate about piecing together the software puzzle and putting innovative products in the hands of users. You are excited to conspire with your team members and work in a fast-paced, collaborative, and agile environment. You are obsessed with writing clean, maintainable, and performant code, and are excited to participate in the entire product development lifecycle.
- Open to all experience levels
- For those new to coding -- bachelor’s degree in a technical or quantitative field or a recent completion of an immersive bootcamp (generally, we look for 3.5+ GPA and/or strong project sample)
- For those with industry experience -- engineering role at a top company or experience in the trenches at a start-up
- Exceptional programming skills and an obsession with building quality software
- Passion for technology
- Agile experience
- Experience with Node.js, AngularJS, MongoDB, Express, and Git
- A never-ending desire to learn