Software Engineer - Client Connectivity
We have built a digital asset trading infrastructure for institutional investors. Our seamless end-to-end platform connects to global crypto exchanges, custodians, and liquidity providers, via a single Application Programming Interface (API).
Built by industry experts with decades of combined experience in investment management and digital technology. Elwood provides market infrastructure at scale, enabling financial institutions, neobanks, and corporations to access digital asset markets quickly and efficiently.
If you're interested in pursuing a career in the world of digital assets, then come and join our Engineering Team based in London where you will contribute to the development and functionality requirements of the Trading Platform whilst working closely with the Product Team.
- Financial Services experience (Buy or Sell-Side)
- Golang experience or other structured languages (C#, C++, Java)
- Proficient in building REST, WebSockets, and/or FIX-based APIs
- Strong knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Database development using PostgreSQL or similar (MySQL, Oracle)
- Excellent object oriented or functional programming experience
- Excellent software design and debugging skills
- Bachelor's degree or relevant work experience in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline
- Proven ability to own outcomes and work effectively with others as required to deliver
Nice to have
We’d love it if you have experience of some or all of the following:
- Deploying software on cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, or GCP)
- Designing client-facing APIs
- Building performant low latency systems
- Performance testing distributed systems
- Understanding of containerisation and associated technologies (Docker etc)
- Caching technologies such as Redis, Elasticache, Memcached, Hazelcast
- Messaging/streaming technologies such as Kafka, NATs, ActiveMQ, or RabbitMQ
- Trading experience (either digital assets or traditional markets)
- Execution, order, or portfolio management systems
- Building monitoring dashboards using technologies such as the ELK stack, Prometheus, Datadog, InfluxDB, Grafana
- Build, enhance, deploy, and support the client-facing interfaces to our trading platform
- Build new services to meet critical product and business needs using Golang
- Work with engineers, designers, product managers and senior leadership to turn our product and technical vision into a tangible roadmap every quarter
- Monitor and support all production system components (trading algorithms, client connectivity, exchange connectivity, analytics, market data)
- Estimation, design, development and testing of features
- Passion - As a backend software engineer, you are passionate about building high-quality, performant services.
- Respect - As part of a diverse team, you have deep cultural empathy and respect for fellow workers, clients, partners, and Elwood’s regulatory obligations.
- Teamwork & Communication - You value cross-team collaboration, effective communication, and efficient processes that deliver best results.
- Tenacity - You know that delivering stable, performant systems takes hard work and persistence and you bring both these qualities to table every day.
- Trust & Transparency - You are willing to share your knowledge with the rest of the team and aren’t afraid to ask questions to improve your work and progress delivery.
- Excellence - Excellence is a mindset and you strive to be the best version of yourself and expect the same from others.
- Join one of the fastest growing FinTech companies and help shape the future of finance
- A startup with deep financial backing and a strong market presence
- Our platform is enabling institutional access to the most exciting growth opportunity in Finance
- Work with a modern technology stack and help solve high impact problems
- Strong client focused team with a diverse background
- We’re a Global company and have offices in New York, Singapore & Geneva
- Competitive compensation package
- A hybrid mode of working in office and working from home
As an equal opportunity employer, you can read more about our policy here: https://elwood.io/diversity