The Warren for President team is building a grassroots movement and we need your help. We need skilled organizers who are interested in applying their talents and learning new skills to help us make big, structural change.
Most of all, we need you to join us in this fight if you’re ready to roll up your sleeves and get to work making sure our democracy works for more than just the people at the very top.
If that sounds like you, you’re encouraged to apply to join us in Iowa for our Organizing Internship Program.
The positions will start as soon as possible, and run until the Iowa Caucus on February 3rd, 2020. Internships are paid and require a minimum hourly commitment per week: part-time at 15 hours or full-time at 30 hours. Work hours will include evenings and weekends.
Interns will play a key role in helping us build the grassroots organization we need to win the Democratic nomination for president. They will participate in campaign training, receive structured coaching and support, and work closely with staff to implement our plan to persuade and mobilize Democratic voters.
As an Iowa Organizing Intern, you will:
- Recruiting, training, and managing volunteers
- Securing caucus commitments for Elizabeth Warren by knocking doors, making calls, and other tactics
- Meeting voter contact and capacity building goals
- Using digital tools to engage new volunteers, expand the electorate, and highlight our work on the ground
Top things we’re looking for:
- Strong commitment to Democratic politics and ideals and enthusiasm for electing Elizabeth Warren
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Goals-oriented and self-disciplined; able to meet tight deadlines and multitask
- Willing to learn campaign technology including Google Sheets and Votebuilder
- Good sense of humor and ability to adapt to a fast paced, changing work environment
- Availability to work non-traditional hours, including evenings and weekends
- For full-time intern applicants, a valid driver’s license and reliable motor vehicle
If interested, please submit an application. Applicants will be interviewed and accepted for a limited number of spots on a rolling basis.
If you’re looking to help Team Warren but the logistics of this program don’t work for you, sign up to volunteer by clicking here.
Warren For President is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. We strongly encourage diverse candidates to apply. Warren For President is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information, protected veterans, marital or familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, criminal record information (except where permitted under applicable law), or any other category prohibited by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, social and recreational activities and termination. For more information about equal employment opportunity, please click here for “EEO Is the Law.” For information regarding your Right to Work, click here for details in English and Spanish.
Completion of the self-identification questions below is voluntary. You may choose to answer some, none, or all questions below, and your choices will not adversely affect your employment. We do not use the information collected to make employment decisions. The Campaign is an equal opportunity employer, and the information collected from this questionnaire will be used to aid in tracking the impact of our diversity and inclusion initiatives, fulfilling our commitment to equal opportunity in our recruiting practices, and meeting our reporting obligations under federal law. This questionnaire will be kept separate from all other personnel records. No individual responses will be shared with your peers, including supervisors.