Warren for President is hiring Training Associates to help Elizabeth Warren work to secure the Democratic Party’s nomination for President in 2020 and make big, structural change.
Training Associates will be the face of the campaign, training volunteers around the country on all our direct voter contact and other programs. Training Coordinators will play a critical role in implementing our staff and volunteer training program across the country to build the grassroots organization necessary to persuade and mobilize voters for 2020 presidential nominating contests.
Training Associates will report to the Training Manager or State Training Director. We are hiring for this position on a rolling basis in locations across the country, including Boston HQ and California.
In this position you will:
- Run a set of virtual direct voter contact trainings in coordination with the Mobilization team;
- Run a set of our virtual volunteer trainings, including Warren Night School, policy, ballot access and GOTV, and more;
- Run hosted training sessions by allied organizational groups such as labor unions, constituency communities, advocacy groups, etc. in their region;
- Support Training Desks at in-person volunteer and staff trainings in their region;
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Top things we’re looking for:
- Two cycles of organizing experience; one cycle of staff management experience is preferred
- Experience developing and running in-person or virtual trainings for staff or volunteers;
- Strong commitment to Democratic politics and ideals and enthusiasm for electing Elizabeth Warren;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Strong ability to build relationships;
- Goal-oriented and self-disciplined; able to meet tight deadlines and multitask;
- Willing to learn campaign technology including Reach, MobilizeAmerica, and more;
- Willingness to adapt quickly to meet the needs of a fast paced and constantly changing work environment
- Ability to work long and irregular hours, including nights and weekends as needed.
Warren For President is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. We strongly encourage diverse candidates to apply. Warren For President is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information, protected veterans, marital or familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, criminal record information (except where permitted under applicable law), or any other category prohibited by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, social and recreational activities and termination. For more information about equal employment opportunity, please click here for “EEO Is the Law.” For information regarding your Right to Work, click here for details in English and Spanish.
Completion of the self-identification questions below is voluntary. You may choose to answer some, none, or all questions below, and your choices will not adversely affect your employment. We do not use the information collected to make employment decisions. The Campaign is an equal opportunity employer, and the information collected from this questionnaire will be used to aid in tracking the impact of our diversity and inclusion initiatives, fulfilling our commitment to equal opportunity in our recruiting practices, and meeting our reporting obligations under federal law. This questionnaire will be kept separate from all other personnel records. No individual responses will be shared with your peers, including supervisors.