Warren for President is looking for visual storytellers with an eye for engaging, consistent imagery. You will help develop, own, and extend the illustration style guide for our primary brand, working within the design team, juggling the needs of various short-term and long-term projects, and being nimble to work with various teams as needed. Political background not necessary.
You’ll be working in the Boston headquarters on an interdisciplinary team of designers, photo and video editors, motion graphics designers, web developers, creative directors, and media experts.
This is a full time position based in our Boston, MA headquarters.
In this position you will:
- Quickly, professionally, and patiently complete design tasks that may be well above or below your skill level.
- Own, extend, and educate on a robust, systematic illustration guide for the brand guidelines, integrated with design, motion, and video.
- Lead illustration design for a wide range of projects – including web/email/social fundraising graphics, one-off initiatives, rapid response, merchandise, placards and flyers, photography and photo research, as well as collaborating with a motion graphics designer and the video team to ensure our static and motion graphics are aligned.
- Collaborate with the team to develop ideas and creative solutions; present and articulate design rationale to the team; collaborate and iterate based on feedback and testing outcomes
Top things we’re looking for:
- Strong commitment to Democratic politics and ideals and enthusiasm for electing Elizabeth Warren
- Ability to work in a high-pressure, on-call environment. Candidates must be self-motivated and willing to work long hours, including nights and weekends as needed.
- Illustrative experience and a strong, adaptive portfolio (Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Premiere a plus)
- Synthesis: ability to break down complex ideas into compelling, digestible visuals.
- Agility: an ability to adapt to evolving project needs and communicate effectively with both colleagues and clients to solve problems on the fly. Teamwork and scrappiness required
- Resilience: Empathy, humility, respect, and the ability to act as a role model at campaign headquarters
- Rapid response or newsroom experience a plus
Warren For President is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. We strongly encourage diverse candidates to apply. Warren For President is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information, protected veterans, marital or familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, criminal record information (except where permitted under applicable law), or any other category prohibited by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, social and recreational activities and termination. For more information about equal employment opportunity, please click here for “EEO Is the Law.” For information regarding your Right to Work, click here for details in English and Spanish.
Completion of the self-identification questions below is voluntary. You may choose to answer some, none, or all questions below, and your choices will not adversely affect your employment. We do not use the information collected to make employment decisions. The Campaign is an equal opportunity employer, and the information collected from this questionnaire will be used to aid in tracking the impact of our diversity and inclusion initiatives, fulfilling our commitment to equal opportunity in our recruiting practices, and meeting our reporting obligations under federal law. This questionnaire will be kept separate from all other personnel records. No individual responses will be shared with your peers, including supervisors.