The Warren For President Campaign is hiring an Accountant/Accounts Payable Clerk to join our operations team at our Boston headquarters. This position will report to the campaign’s Financial Controller and share in the responsibility of administering the campaign’s accounting and financial processes.
This is a full-time position based in campaign headquarters in Boston, MA.
In this position you will:
- Keep track of expenditures and payments across the campaign
- Receive and verify expense reports; reconcile expense and other financial reports to the campaign budget
- Reconcile payment requests to invoices and receipts
- Prepare analyses of accounts and produce monthly reports
- Continue to refine the campaign’s accounting and budget processes, providing responsive service and quick resolution to departments across the campaign
Top things we're looking for:
- Strong commitment to Democratic politics and ideals and enthusiasm for electing Elizabeth Warren
- Ability to work in a high-pressure, on-call environment. Candidates must be self-motivated and willing to work long hours, including nights and weekends as needed
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, especially regarding the accounts payable cycle, as well as exceptional attention to detail
- Mastery of spreadsheet and word processing applications, including Google Suite and Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word and Excel
- Unparalleled integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Someone who embodies the Elizabeth Warren campaign values and culture
- Cultural competency, empathy and respect for others
Not required, but a plus if you have:
- Experience with enterprise resource planning systems, as well as expense management software
- Background in not-for-profit, campaign or government accounting
Warren For President is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. We strongly encourage diverse candidates to apply. Warren For President is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information, protected veterans, marital or familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, criminal record information (except where permitted under applicable law), or any other category prohibited by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, social and recreational activities and termination. For more information about equal employment opportunity, please click here for “EEO Is the Law.” For information regarding your Right to Work, click here for details in English and Spanish.
Completion of the self-identification questions below is voluntary. You may choose to answer some, none, or all questions below, and your choices will not adversely affect your employment. We do not use the information collected to make employment decisions. The Campaign is an equal opportunity employer, and the information collected from this questionnaire will be used to aid in tracking the impact of our diversity and inclusion initiatives, fulfilling our commitment to equal opportunity in our recruiting practices, and meeting our reporting obligations under federal law. This questionnaire will be kept separate from all other personnel records. No individual responses will be shared with your peers, including supervisors.