Warren for President is hiring Training Directors to help Elizabeth Warren work to secure the Democratic Party’s nomination for President in 2020 and make big, structural change.
Training Directors will report to State Directors. They will help implement our staff and volunteer training programs to build the grassroots organization necessary to persuade and mobilize voters for 2020 presidential nominating contests.
We are hiring for this position in various locations across the country.
In this position you will:
- Work with the Organizing Director to develop and implement a statewide training plan for staff and volunteers
- Run in-person and remote trainings to on-board and develop our organizers in the state, ensuring they have the context, skills, and practice needed to be successful
- Run in-person and remote trainings for our volunteers, ranging from how to canvass, phonebank, and text all the way to how to raise money, facilitate team meetings, write letters to the editor, and more
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Top things we’re looking for:
- Three cycles of organizing experience, including at least two cycles of staff management experience
- Strong commitment to Democratic politics and ideals and enthusiasm for electing Elizabeth Warren
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong ability to build relationships
- Experience developing and running in-person or virtual trainings for staff or volunteers
- Goal-oriented and self-disciplined; able to meet tight deadlines and multitask
- Willing to learn campaign technology including Reach, Mobilize America, and more
- Ability to adapt to a fast paced, changing work environment
- Ability to work in a high-pressure, on-call environment. Candidates must be self-motivated and willing to work long hours, including nights and weekends as needed
- A valid driver’s license and reliable motor vehicle
Warren For President is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. We strongly encourage diverse candidates to apply. Warren For President is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information, protected veterans, marital or familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, criminal record information (except where permitted under applicable law), or any other category prohibited by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, social and recreational activities and termination. For more information about equal employment opportunity, please click here for “EEO Is the Law.” For information regarding your Right to Work, click here for details in English and Spanish.
Completion of the self-identification questions below is voluntary. You may choose to answer some, none, or all questions below, and your choices will not adversely affect your employment. We do not use the information collected to make employment decisions. The Campaign is an equal opportunity employer, and the information collected from this questionnaire will be used to aid in tracking the impact of our diversity and inclusion initiatives, fulfilling our commitment to equal opportunity in our recruiting practices, and meeting our reporting obligations under federal law. This questionnaire will be kept separate from all other personnel records. No individual responses will be shared with your peers, including supervisors.