The Warren For President Campaign is hiring Community Organizing Directors to help Elizabeth Warren work to secure the Democratic Party’s nomination for President in 2020 and make big, structural change.
Community Organizing Directors will report to State Organizing Directors. They will plan and implement our community organizing program to identify and organize aligned community organizations and affinity groups.
These positions will be filled on a rolling basis throughout the fall and will be based in states across the country.
In this position you will:
- Work with the Organizing Director, Regional Political Desks, and Community Organizing Desks to develop and implement a statewide community organizing plan as relates to the overall strategic imperative in their state program;
- Manage a team of community organizers to meet community group identification and organizing goals;
- Oversee turfing for all Community Organizers as relates to the overall strategic imperative in their state;
- Conduct extensive coaching and development with staff on best practices for managing relationships with community organizations, affinity groups, and political stakeholders;
- Work with the Organizing Director and Training Team to conceive and execute regular trainings for community organizing staff;
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Top things we’re looking for:
- Strong commitment to Democratic politics and ideals and enthusiasm for electing Elizabeth Warren;
- Three cycles of organizing experience, including at least two cycles of staff management experience;
- Experience organizing in both electoral and non-electoral spaces;
- Strong ability to build relationships;
- Willingness to manage a diverse team with different experiences and perspectives, and a commitment to helping them grow and succeed.
- Goal-oriented and self-disciplined; able to meet tight deadlines and multitask;
- Willing to learn campaign technology including Reach, Mobilize America, and more;
- Ability to adapt to a fast paced, changing work environment;
- Ability to work in a high-pressure, on-call environment. Candidates must be self-motivated and willing to work long hours, including nights and weekends as needed.
Warren For President is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. We strongly encourage diverse candidates to apply. Warren For President is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information, protected veterans, marital or familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, criminal record information (except where permitted under applicable law), or any other category prohibited by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, social and recreational activities and termination. For more information about equal employment opportunity, please click here for “EEO Is the Law.” For information regarding your Right to Work, click here for details in English and Spanish.
Completion of the self-identification questions below is voluntary. You may choose to answer some, none, or all questions below, and your choices will not adversely affect your employment. We do not use the information collected to make employment decisions. The Campaign is an equal opportunity employer, and the information collected from this questionnaire will be used to aid in tracking the impact of our diversity and inclusion initiatives, fulfilling our commitment to equal opportunity in our recruiting practices, and meeting our reporting obligations under federal law. This questionnaire will be kept separate from all other personnel records. No individual responses will be shared with your peers, including supervisors.