Warren for President is hiring top-quality Deputy Organizing Directors to help Elizabeth Warren work to secure the Democratic Party’s nomination for President in 2020. Deputy Organizing Directors will report to State Organizing Directors and assist them in the planning and implementation of programs to build the grassroots organization necessary to persuade and mobilize voters for 2020 presidential nominating contests.
These positions will be filled on a rolling basis throughout the fall and will be based in states across the country.
In this position you will:
- Work with the Organizing Director to develop and implement a statewide Organizing plan
- Manage a team of Regional Organizing Directors to meet regional voter contact and capacity-building goals
- Conduct extensive coaching and development with staff on best practices for managing a team of organizers and interns
- Work with Organizing Director to conceive and execute regular trainings for organizing staff
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Top things we're looking for:
- Three cycles of organizing experience and at least two cycles of staff management experience is preferred, with a further preference for experience managing managers.
- Strong commitment to Democratic politics and ideals and enthusiasm for electing Elizabeth Warren.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Willingness to manage a diverse team with different experiences and perspectives, and a commitment to helping them grow and succeed.
- Good sense of humor and ability to adapt to a fast paced, changing work environment.
- Ability to work long and irregular hours, including nights and weekends.
- A valid driver’s license and reliable motor vehicle.
Warren For President is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. We strongly encourage diverse candidates to apply. Warren For President is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information, protected veterans, marital or familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, criminal record information (except where permitted under applicable law), or any other category prohibited by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, social and recreational activities and termination. For more information about equal employment opportunity, please click here for “EEO Is the Law.” For information regarding your Right to Work, click here for details in English and Spanish.
Completion of the self-identification questions below is voluntary. You may choose to answer some, none, or all questions below, and your choices will not adversely affect your employment. We do not use the information collected to make employment decisions. The Campaign is an equal opportunity employer, and the information collected from this questionnaire will be used to aid in tracking the impact of our diversity and inclusion initiatives, fulfilling our commitment to equal opportunity in our recruiting practices, and meeting our reporting obligations under federal law. This questionnaire will be kept separate from all other personnel records. No individual responses will be shared with your peers, including supervisors.