Warren for President is hiring a Latinx Outreach Coordinator to help Elizabeth Warren work to secure the Democratic Party’s nomination for President in 2020. The Latinx Outreach Coordinator will join a team of constituency coordinators in the Political Department who are skilled relationship-builders with a commitment to organizing and empowering communities. The Latinx Outreach Coordinator will work with the Latinx community in Iowa to develop leaders and expand the caucus-going electorate for Elizabeth Warren. Applicants should be committed to Elizabeth Warren’s values and be willing to put in the work to win.
- Building and maintaining key community and political relationships within the Latinx community across Iowa.
- Developing and implementing an organizing plan that will use innovative tactics to meet campaign metrics, activate the Latinx community, and develop and train leaders within the community.
- Working with political team leadership to implement new organizing, communications, and messaging methods to reach, connect with, and empower this constituency in Iowa.
- Identifying new and creative ways to communicate Elizabeth Warren’s platform to the Latinx community.
- Prior experience with electoral, community, or advocacy organizing.
- Interest in and commitment to empowering communities and developing leaders.
- Enthusiasm for building deep and meaningful relationships across communities.
- Strong work ethic: we’re looking for someone who is goal-oriented and self-disciplined, and able to take initiative and develop and execute programs independently.
- Positive attitude, and flexibility and ability to adapt to shifting priorities.
- Strong communication skills, particularly a demonstrated ability to adapt and tailor a message to different audiences and environments. Bilingual candidates preferred.
- Ability to work long and irregular hours, including nights and weekends.
- A valid driver’s license and reliable motor vehicle.
Warren For President is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. We strongly encourage diverse candidates to apply. Warren For President is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information, protected veterans, marital or familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, criminal record information (except where permitted under applicable law), or any other category prohibited by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, social and recreational activities and termination. For more information about equal employment opportunity, please click here for “EEO Is the Law.” For information regarding your Right to Work, click here for details in English and Spanish.
Completion of the self-identification questions below is voluntary. You may choose to answer some, none, or all questions below, and your choices will not adversely affect your employment. We do not use the information collected to make employment decisions. The Campaign is an equal opportunity employer, and the information collected from this questionnaire will be used to aid in tracking the impact of our diversity and inclusion initiatives, fulfilling our commitment to equal opportunity in our recruiting practices, and meeting our reporting obligations under federal law. This questionnaire will be kept separate from all other personnel records. No individual responses will be shared with your peers, including supervisors.