Warren For President is hiring a State Training Director to help Elizabeth Warren secure the Democratic Party’s nomination for President in 2020. The Training Director will work with members of the Iowa Leadership Team to ensure that staff and volunteers are fully prepared to execute our voter contact program, from today through Caucus Night.
The Training Director’s role will include creating curriculum for in-person and virtual trainings for staff and volunteers; working with the Organizing and Digital teams to build content for persuasion programming; and coordinating senior staff members to both identify creative opportunities for trainings and incorporate ideas and knowledge from every department into said trainings.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive training program with clear curriculum, goals and timelines
- Draft, write, and edit training materials for statewide trainings and assist staff in doing the same for other trainings
- Regularly lead trainings for staff and volunteers, including handling logistics
- Work closely with the Organizing Team to adapt training program to meet current and future coaching needs for all levels of staff and volunteers
- Work with other senior staff to identify opportunities to build creative training materials and programs to help spread Elizabeth Warren’s message and share her story
- At least two cycles of campaign organizing experience; preference for candidates who have managed training programs in the past
- Strong commitment to electing Elizabeth Warren and Democratic values and ideals.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Highly creative and enthusiastic about working with new platforms and strategies.
- Goal-oriented and self-directed; able to meet tight deadlines and multitask.
- Kind, team-oriented and able to thrive in a fast paced, changing work environment.
- Ability to work long and irregular hours, including nights and weekends
- A valid driver’s license and reliable motor vehicle
Warren For President is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. We strongly encourage diverse candidates to apply. Warren For President is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information, protected veterans, marital or familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, criminal record information (except where permitted under applicable law), or any other category prohibited by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, social and recreational activities and termination. For more information about equal employment opportunity, please click here for “EEO Is the Law.” For information regarding your Right to Work, click here for details in English and Spanish.
Completion of the self-identification questions below is voluntary. You may choose to answer some, none, or all questions below, and your choices will not adversely affect your employment. We do not use the information collected to make employment decisions. The Campaign is an equal opportunity employer, and the information collected from this questionnaire will be used to aid in tracking the impact of our diversity and inclusion initiatives, fulfilling our commitment to equal opportunity in our recruiting practices, and meeting our reporting obligations under federal law. This questionnaire will be kept separate from all other personnel records. No individual responses will be shared with your peers, including supervisors.