As a designer, you’ll be doing a lot. From small social graphics to larger scale action-oriented campaigns, your goal will be to engage voters with compelling visual storytelling across web, mobile, email, video, social, and print.
Warren HQ design staff are driven and eager to collaborate across disciplines. They’re thoroughly immersed in the fight, and are able to work autonomously, quickly, and with polish. They understand how to use design to provoke action, elicit emotion, and deepen understanding.
You’ll be working in the Boston headquarters on an interdisciplinary team of organizers, strategists, writers, analysts, web developers, creative directors, and media experts.
In this job you will:
- Quickly, professionally, and patiently complete design tasks that may be well above or below your skill level.
- Support (and sometimes lead) the visual and experience design for a wide range of projects – including web/email/social fundraising graphics, one-off initiatives, rapid response, merchandise, placards and flyers, photography and photo research, as well as collaborating with the video team to ensure our static and motion graphics are aligned.
- Collaborate with the team to develop ideas and creative solutions; present and articulate design rationale to the team; collaborate and iterate based on feedback and testing outcomes
The top things we're looking for...
- Flexible skill set and versatile design aesthetic: a range of examples of how to inspire and activate a range of audiences across platforms. Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite (PS/AI) & Sketchapp are required. Extra credit for knowledge of prototyping tools like Marvel or InVision, After Effects, and in pushing Google Slides and Google Docs to their absolute graphic limits.
- Have a capacity to be resourceful and self-directed while handling multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong conceptual and strategic thinking: an advanced understanding of how design fits into the broader vision of a project, and how to respond to creative challenges within the constraints of budgets, timing, and resources.
- Agility: an ability to adapt to evolving project needs and communicate effectively with both colleagues and clients to solve problems on the fly. Teamwork and scrappiness required.
- Drive: a shared curiosity and commitment to making change. This includes comfort with ambiguity, a restlessness that resists the status quo, and a dedication to creative integrity that ensures we’re always making progress in moving our work forward.
- Resilience: Empathy, humility, respect, and the ability to act as a role model at campaign headquarters
Warren For President is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. We strongly encourage diverse candidates to apply. Warren For President is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information, protected veterans, marital or familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, criminal record information (except where permitted under applicable law), or any other category prohibited by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, social and recreational activities and termination. For more information about equal employment opportunity, please click here for “EEO Is the Law.” For information regarding your Right to Work, click here for details in English and Spanish.
Completion of the self-identification questions below is voluntary. You may choose to answer some, none, or all questions below, and your choices will not adversely affect your employment. We do not use the information collected to make employment decisions. The Campaign is an equal opportunity employer, and the information collected from this questionnaire will be used to aid in tracking the impact of our diversity and inclusion initiatives, fulfilling our commitment to equal opportunity in our recruiting practices, and meeting our reporting obligations under federal law. This questionnaire will be kept separate from all other personnel records. No individual responses will be shared with your peers, including supervisors.