Warren for President is hiring an Iowa Digital and Press Assistant to help Elizabeth Warren secure the Democratic Party’s nomination for President in 2020.The Digital and Press Assistant will dual-report to the Communications and Digital teams to write and produce content that brings Senator Warren’s story and message and the grassroots work of the Warren for President Iowa team directly to caucus-goers and potential supporters across traditional and digital media.
The Digital and Press Assistant’s primary task will be maintaining in-state social accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and Medium), with an emphasis on building audiences and delivering specific messages via planned and responsive content. Content will be engaging, fun, positive and feature the distinctive voice of our team. Additionally, the Digital and Press Assistant will assist in pitching reporters and drafting internal and external press materials, including releases, briefs and talking points.
The Digital and Press Assistant also will compile daily in-state clips and other communications specific writing and editing tasks, assist the digital team with in-state graphic production when applicable, and other digital or comms content duties as assigned.
- Maintain in-state social accounts on a daily basis, building audience
- Create weekly slate of pre-approved and scheduled content
- Engage with Iowa followers, supporters and activists to build following and create online community in support of Senator Warren
- Produce content on the fly in response to events, breaking news, etc.
- Amplify other communications materials -- op-eds, LTEs, etc. - on social accounts
- Monitor national and in-state voices and amplify content as necessary
- Attend events and produce multimedia content for accounts
- Produce graphics and other materials as necessary
- Work with organizers and other staff to create content or contribute to social channels
- Compile in-state press clips and distribute to staff in daily digest email
- Assist with drafting external comms materials, e.g. op-eds, LTEs, etc.
- Assist with drafting internal comms materials, e.g. principal briefs, talking points, etc.
- Pitch reporters
- 1-2 cycles of communications and/or digital experience is preferred.
- Strong commitment to electing Elizabeth Warren and Democratic values and ideals.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Highly creative and enthusiastic about working with new platforms and strategies.
- Goal-oriented and self-directed; able to meet tight deadlines and multitask.
- Good natured, team-oriented and able to thrive in a fast paced, changing work environment.
- Ability to work long and irregular hours, including nights and weekends
- A valid driver’s license and reliable motor vehicle
Warren For President is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. We strongly encourage diverse candidates to apply. Warren For President is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information, protected veterans, marital or familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, criminal record information (except where permitted under applicable law), or any other category prohibited by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, social and recreational activities and termination. For more information about equal employment opportunity, please click here for “EEO Is the Law.” For information regarding your Right to Work, click here for details in English and Spanish.
Completion of the self-identification questions below is voluntary. You may choose to answer some, none, or all questions below, and your choices will not adversely affect your employment. We do not use the information collected to make employment decisions. The Campaign is an equal opportunity employer, and the information collected from this questionnaire will be used to aid in tracking the impact of our diversity and inclusion initiatives, fulfilling our commitment to equal opportunity in our recruiting practices, and meeting our reporting obligations under federal law. This questionnaire will be kept separate from all other personnel records. No individual responses will be shared with your peers, including supervisors.