CPC Strategy (now part of Elite SEM) is looking for a Database Administrator to join our growing Tech team! Our team builds analytics, automation and optimization products to help our team deliver best-in-class results for our clients. Our ideal candidate loves solving complex problems in a creative way and has experience optimizing and tuning databases in production cloud environments, especially in Amazon Web Services.
If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, like working with a team of talented people & are an out of the box thinker, we want to meet you!
- Optimize and fine tune MySQL databases and queries
- Monitor capacity and performance
- Collaborate with other developers, UX designers, business and systems analysts to develop new and innovative analytics and optimization products
- Work with team members to conduct root cause analysis of issues, review new and existing code and/or perform unit testing
- Maintain and improve the performance of existing software
- Design and develop distributed components of our internal analytics and advertising systems
- Clearly and regularly communicate with management and technical support colleagues
- Brainstorm with product management and partner teams about new ideas, technical design and project plans
- Action-Oriented: Enjoys working hard, full of energy for new challenges, seizes opportunity.
- Functional/Technical Skills: Strong functional and technical knowledge and skills
- Drive for Results: Exceeds goals successfully, constantly & consistently a top performer and pushes themselves.
- Problem Solving: Uses Rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Strong proficiency with MySQL, AWS Aurora MySQL,
- Expertise in backup and recovery and migration
- Strong knowledge of redundancy strategies for large-scale databases including replication, failover clustering, log shipping, and mirroring
- Knowledge of configuration, architecture, database management, troubleshooting, performance tuning, data modeling, maintenance, upgrades, disaster recovery plans, migrations, and security
- Experience with one or more general purpose programming languages including but not limited to: Java, C/C++ or Python
- 1-3 years of experience in distributed technologies, object-oriented design & programming methodologies and data storage (relational, key-value)
- Proven ability to solve complex problems and deal with ambiguous requirements
- Multi-task and change from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- Ability to work in a team
About CPC Strategy, now part of Elite SEM: In September 2018, CPC Strategy was acquired by Elite SEM, together forming the most capable Paid Search, Paid Social, and Amazon performance marketing practice in the industry, with established complementary solutions in CRM/Email Marketing, Analytics, SEO/CRO, and Integrated Media Planning.
Disclaimer: This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group. Elite SEM is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status.
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Working Conditions: Working indoors, sitting at a computer for extended periods of time, lifting no more than 10 pounds.