Elevation Capital - Venture Capital & Private Equity is a group of internationally impactful companies spanning consumer packaged goods, hospitality, technology, real estate, non-profit, and venture funding. With team members and markets in the US, Canada, Europe and the Caribbean, this group jointly serves a global vision to create an evolved world where humanity serves our highest purpose.
Our mission is to create and deploy capital for a better world.
To learn more, please visit: elevationcapital.vc
VP FINANCE (Consumer Products exp a must)
As the VP Finance you will report to and be a key strategic partner to the Chief Financial Officer, and the executive team. The primary function in your role will be to build a world class sophisticated finance function / group that provides a high level of actionable financial reporting, budgeting and cash forecasting that aligns with the company’s’ growth plans. The role is a challenging balance of process development and execution of strategy, while maintaining controlled tactical execution in an environment of significant and rapid change.
You will provide leadership and ownership to all elements of financial operations within the company and develop systems that can scale with the company. You will have the opportunity to work with a world class team across various functions of the company and use your entrepreneurial mindset to create and facilitate actionable reporting, datasets, reports, and systems that facilitate the hypergrowth of the company.
Your leadership of the finance / accounting function will be strategic and hands on executional where you will have the ability to communicate data & ideas succinctly yet have the background of the details where needed. You will have primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing, and controlling all financial-related activities of the company, and building, mentoring, and scale the team as the company grows. You will be involved with and/or own items like insurance, IT systems, ERP, legal, deal analysis and negotiations, human resources, investor relations, partnership compliance, and private and institutional financing.
- MBA or similar degree in accounting or finance; CPA / CA designation required
- Minimum of 8 years of experience as head of finance (VP Finance / Controller) in a growing organization with multi business segments. Complex corporate structure experience is a plus
- Minimum 5 years working with, and reporting directly to founders / entrepreneurs with a list of highly favorable references from entrepreneurial leaders
- Must thrive in fast paced, rapid change, hypergrowth environments
- Track record of working with sales and marketing to create, execute, optimize, and rethink, profitable growth strategies
- Superior interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with a variety of both internal and external teams
- Successful leadership of ERP / MRP / CRM system implementations
- Experience developing and mentoring a team of professionals into a high-performance team
- Experience with formal reporting requirements to investors, boards of directors, and other stakeholders
Preference will be shown to candidates that have experience in:
- Highly regulated categories including alcohol / cannabis / pharmaceutical / dietary
- Raising capital, preparing companies, and leading them through that process as well as exits
- Experience with PCAOB audits and experience working through an IPO process
- US convenience channel
- Leadership in Ecommerce Business
- US markets - financial and tax
- A high growth orientated organization, private equity company or owner experience
- Demonstrated ability to work in a proactively diverse and inclusive culture and effectively collaborate with all departments across the organization
- Oversee and manage all aspects of financial reporting across multiple entities including payables, receivables, payroll, and tax
- Consolidation of monthly and annual books, management reporting within defined timelines
- Provide leadership in financial planning and management, ensuring the development of quarterly, annual, and long-term financial plans, budgets, and forecasts
- Lead a review of financial operations, to ensure timely and accurate reporting and forecasting, ensuring the right KPIs are in place to support decision making
- Provide executive management with advice on the financial implications and risk of business activities and make recommendations for mitigation
- Ensure compliance with regulatory bodies, including tax, banking, etc.
- Lead, create and manage cross functional budgeting and budget to actual process
- Drive annual financial budgeting process and cash forecasting to ensure they are in sync with business objectives
- Participate in the leadership of strategic planning, providing recommendations to strategically enhance the financial performance and business opportunities for the organization
- Work closely with cross functional teams including Sales and Marketing to form repeatable, budget vs. actuals and cash forecasting procedures
- Analyze costs, pricing, variable contributions, production results, and the company's actual performance compared to plan
- Develop and maintain relationships with external partners, suppliers, banks, lenders, and vendors
- Provide advice and guidance to the management team on financial and legal considerations as they relate to business transactions
- Facilitate and lead annual financial statement audits, serving as liaison between external auditors and the Company
- Provide leadership and manage objectives and goals and development of the Finance team
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation
- Communicate one on one with different levels of employees
WHO YOU ARE?
Visionary - You see the future and you create it. In your relationships with the executive and team you serve as a beacon for opportunity and assist in keeping everyone focused on the right activities and strategies that drive profitable and rewarding growth.
Leader - You have a knack, and track record, for pulling people together to achieve amazing things. You have talent that follows you, you have strong recruiting and team building skills, and are great at organizing groups, strategies, and new programs. People are motivated by your direction, and you play well in adjusting roles expectations in a leadership team and reporting to an entrepreneurial leader.
Organized - You are highly organized and build systems wherever you want. You see business as a series of processes and systems and quickly build structures that support and ensure the right activities occur as they should. With your teams you easily organize complex projects under pressure and can communicate updates and progress in clear and concise fashion.
Intelligent - You bring a special blend of a knack for numbers and financial strategy but also have a track record of being able to collaborate with others to solve complex opportunities. You communicate your insights and engage others to unlock massive value.
Relentless - Over your career you have fought many battles. You realize it’s not always the quality of the strategy but sometimes a special kind of relentlessness that makes it work. You remain hopeful and positive in the face of adversity, execute fast, have a strong work ethic, reset with resilience and pivot quickly and easily where needed.
As a key member of the Executive team in this organization, you have the chance to be a part of an immerging category and be one of the first people to bring products to the market that change the world. Your compensation will be commensurate with your experience, and we will provide significant upside reward through options and the bonus program.