Elevation Capital - Venture Capital & Private Equity is a group of internationally impactful companies spanning consumer packaged goods, hospitality, technology, real estate, non-profit, and venture funding. With team members and markets in the US, Canada, Europe and the Caribbean, this group jointly serves a global vision to create an evolved world where humanity serves our highest purpose.
Our mission is to create and deploy capital for a better world.
To learn more, please visit: elevationcapital.vc
Chief of Staff (Project Mgmt)
Pacific Time Zone - Business Hours
Your key focus in this position will be to work directly with the CEO on strategy, planning, developing, and monitoring quarterly OKRs and day-to-day KPIS. You will be deployed into high priority key strategic and operational initiatives as the company continues to build structure, grow within current markets, and expand into new markets. This role will be an asset company-wide, supporting complex projects, driving key strategic initiatives, and providing ad hoc expertise and support as needed across various departments. In addition, you will serve as an escalation point for operational needs, gathering feedback prior to bringing your recommendations and solutions to the CEO.
You are our company’s master generalist and infinite learner with a been there done that foundation. Not only do you love to learn, but with a strong background and thorough understanding of organizational management, you have become a one of a kind within how you field and deploy solutions. You are unique in that you not only keep your own items on track and progressing, but you are able to motivate the others within the leadership team to do the same – boosting morale and increasing productivity. You use data driven models to provide insight and keep tabs on where we currently are and in showing the direct path to where we need to be.
The ability to think on your feet, take charge, be creative, and be dependable are key traits we are looking for in this position. We are seeking someone who is not afraid to get their hands dirty and enjoys diving into unknown territory where they are constantly developing new skills in different avenues. If you enjoy problem solving and strategic thinking and bringing organization to chaos through collaboration and communication this will be the perfect fit for you.
- 10+ years’ experience
- Operations or business leadership with P&L or business unit level functionality and responsibility
- Strong strategic planning and financial and business acumen
- Significant project management and data analytics experience; Project Management Institute (PMI) certification preferred
- Experience partnering with founder / exec / entrepreneur to manage and organize executives and executive teams for peak performance in a multi-business structure; you build relationships with other stakeholders and become everyone’s main point of contact so that all communications go though you first
- Project management skills, Gantt charts, pert, timelines, official project management and project portfolio management experience; an expert juggler of all tasks who can provide specific details, strong history of organizing complicated projects within tight timelines, stores things in organized fashion, communicates in clear and concise fashion, and able to communicate complex topics in an articulate manner
- Experience in a startup and/or hyper-growth environment
- Experience in people and people management support that drives performance through a performance management system
- Ability to pivot quickly, stay calm under pressure, and streamline processes in a fast paced, high growth, and chaotic environment
- A persuasive, influential, and great motivator; get impossible things done, while people still like them.
- Strong history of building, maintaining, and developing positive relationships; ability and proven experience to get anyone on the phone; fantastic negotiator, good at getting people to say yes
- Expert proficiency in Microsoft O365, G Suite, Mac, et al., and implementing technology to make the team more efficient and effective
- Very fast: thinks, speaks, and moves fast while remaining highly detailed and accurate
- Highly adaptable: extremely change ready; brings stability, structure, and profitability to a dynamic environment
- Emotionally grounded: strong EQ (emotional intelligence) and emotional control; knows how to manage hot people and hot environments without breaking a sweat; hustle mentality with strong endurance but is self-managing with their time
- Ensuring maximized efficiency and effectiveness of all meetings with the CEO, including prepping, and activating the Management Team in meetings which could include planning and facilitation, advising the agenda, guiding the discussion, bringing together notes and action items, and assuming responsibility for completion of action items
- Work directly with our CEO to drive high priority company projects and initiatives as we continue to grow our business and expand into new markets
- Develop synergy across numerous parts of the business including P&L management, supply chain operations, marketing and promotion, and organizational design, while working to ensure collaboration and flawless execution in all areas of responsibility
- Partner with the founder to ideate and strategize initiatives to achieve a multi business executive team operating at maximum performance while ensuring and measuring the execution of strategic initiatives
- Lead special projects and programs - this includes key strategic initiatives that impact the overall success of the company as well as team culture initiatives to help support a healthy organization; projects will span beyond the scope of a single group, requiring cross-functional collaboration and partnerships
- Supporting organization by leading key functions absent a strategic leader or in transition
- Supporting and leading organizational strategic planning schedules and formats
- Supporting and leading talent acquisition process to identify gaps within the recruiting team and executing on a plan to complete all open roles within the determined timelines and ensuring selected candidates meet culture and role requirements
WHO YOU ARE?
Passionate - You love business and are highly proficient in all elements of it. You have a passion for creating order out of chaos within all parts of the business from finance to marketing to legal.
Brilliant - You are incredibly intelligent; you know it and so do the people around you, yet you maintain a strong sense of humility that allows you to be a very effective team player and leader of other brilliant and ambitious people. You move fast, challenge greatness, and play the chess game many moves ahead.
Highly Organized -You are proficient at establishing personal and business operating systems to manage large amounts of complexity and can execute at a high pace, in environments of rapid change, high pressure, and complexity.
Leader - You have a natural style of leadership that attracts highly talented people and inspires them to find, hold and conquer mountains, as a team. You have a group of people that follow you to where you go, are a great judge of talent, and are a strong force for creating an unstoppable winning culture.
Relentless - You have deep internal motivation to win and have a clear track record of perseverance and accomplishment under difficult circumstances. You are at a place in your life where you are prepared to dedicate yourself to your work and you are ready to build something meaningful on a global scale.
PERKS & BENEFITS
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Profit Sharing & Equity Plan
- Generous Vacation and Paid Time Off including 1 week vacation over Christmas and New Year’s
This is one of the most valuable roles in the organization and compensation will match the skill and effort required for this role. An aggressive base salary will be provided in this position, with an additional lucrative profit share program. A generous options package will be provided in this role so that you participate in short-, medium- and long-term liquidity events in our organization. Full medical benefits will be provided along with a 3-week vacation in addition to a Christmas week break.