Elevate K-12 is changing the way classrooms work through live, online, real-time instruction to K-12 schools. Our two main focuses are to give students the best quality instructors and get them ready for the world of the future and to give instructors, especially women, work opportunities, irrespective of zip codes. We are the new way to the classroom!
In pursuit of this goal, we are looking for a Sr. Devops Engineer to join our technical team as we move from being a tech-enabled service to a tech product company. We are looking for passionate and enthusiastic people who love solving complex business problems and providing excellent technical solutions. If you are passionate about joining a mission-driven, education technology company and creating the future of EdTech, then this role is for you!
- Work with stakeholders to discover technical and business requirements, assist in project plan creation and documentation for projects of all sizes
- Participate and at time lead sprint planning activities including story point estimation and ceremonies such as standups, backlog grooming and story refinement, planning and retrospectives
- Implement technical project work and deliver to clients
- Make and document best practice recommendations
- Create automated provisioning solutions for servers, environments, cloud, container platforms and data centers
- Monitor and troubleshoot cloud resources like PaaS or IaaS
- Create deployment pipelines for different environments
- Create VSTS Projects and grant needful rights to developers and stakeholders
- Create Infrastructure as code for existing and new cloud resources
- Automate application performance monitoring to give needful feedback to Developers
- Work with source control/configuration management tools like VSTS
- Continuously learn and improve existing technical skills, and acquire new skills that will be useful for future work
What You Will Need:
- 5-8 years of experience as DevOps engineer
- 2-3 years of experience as config manager
- Must have experience with Azure DevOps and VSTS
- Hands on experience with Infrastructure as Code and CI/CD tools and workflows on Microsoft Azure, such as ARM templates, Terraform/Terragrunt, Azure DevOps, Jenkins, ArgoCD, etc
- Hands on experience as an administrator of Linux or Windows, preferably both
- Proven ability to triage / investigate issues and determination of root cause
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Be Part Of Our Story:
Elevate K-12 is tasked with an important mission: change the way K-12 classrooms and teaching work. Our organization is a radically open-minded company that is scaling fast. We are a team focused on high performance, dynamism and embodying a collaborative culture at all levels. Our teammates are able to have open, honest discussions that drive us toward our mission. Elevate K-12 is in a stage of hyper growth that will continue to open up new challenges and opportunities for our team.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender (including gender identity, gender expression, change of sex, and transgender status), sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request.