Who We Are
Elevate K-12 is changing the way classrooms work through live, online, real-time instruction to K-12 schools. Our two main focuses are to give students the best quality instructors and get them ready for the world of the future and to give instructors, especially women, work opportunities, irrespective of zip codes. We are the new way to classroom!
What We Offer
- Opportunity to lead the people growth strategy of a fast growing company that is a category leader
- Opportunity to change the K-12 landscape and the future of our children
- Competitive Compensation Offering
- Unlimited PTO & 12 Company Paid Holidays
- Strong High-Performance Based Culture with High Growth Potential
- Team Focused Culture – Team Events, Outings, Happy Hours & Recognition
- Full Benefits – Medical, Dental & Vision / 401k Plan
- Our Team of Elevaters are: Problem Solvers, Passionate, Motivated, Thirsty for Knowledge & Mission Driven
What You Will Be Doing – Senior Vice President, People
We are seeking an SVP, People to provide leadership and oversight of the People function for Elevate K-12. This role will report to our CEO & COO and be responsible for developing and executing our People strategy aligned with the strategic mission, vision, and values of the company, specifically in the areas of change management, talent management, succession planning, performance management, talent acquisition, employee engagement, employee relations, and assisting with benefits and compensation. The SVP, People fosters and perpetuates Elevate K-12’s culture through programming, policies and processes.
We have an incredible mission, team and brand at Elevate K-12, and we’re getting better every day. We have achieved an extraordinary product/market fit and have entered an exponential growth stage of the company. If all of this sounds exciting to you – We want to hear from you!
- Provides a data driven, metrics-based approach to demonstrate success and gaps for the organization in performance, culture, and employee engagement
- Drives a culture of collaboration, transparency and high-performance in a high-growth start-up environment
- Acts as a strategic business partner to the executive team and other senior leaders to lead key organizational and management initiatives
- Functions as a coach and mentor to business leaders on personnel issues that affect performance and business relationships
- Provides overall leadership and guidance to the People function by overseeing career development, succession planning, retention, leadership development, talent acquisition
- Builds and directs HRIS database management and reporting to identify and analyze critical People & Culture data and inform improvement decisions across the People & Culture function
- Implements and enforces consistent employment practices to highlight and mitigate risk
- Prepares People budgets and manages the expenses of the People function
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements, conducting investigations, maintaining records, and representing the organization at hearings
- Promotes a culture of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Who You Are – Senior Vice President, People
- 15+ years of experience in a variety of Human Resources/People disciplines including employee relations, compensation and benefits, organizational development & design and talent acquisition required
- 10+ years of leadership experience in progressively responsible positions including prior experience in a VP level Human Resources/People position required
- 5 or more years in a start-up or rapidly scaling company is preferred
- MBA in Human Resources or master’s degree in a related technical field preferred
- Experience in both large organizations and high-growth start-up, highly preferred
- Strong business acumen and experience in strategic planning required
- Excellent leadership, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Proven strategic and agile thinker with an operations focus and commitment to continuous improvement
- Experience in creating a culture of diversity, inclusivity, collaboration and teamwork
- Strong systems experience with one or more HR related systems such as HRIS, ATS, LMS, Payroll, Timekeeping, or ERP required
- Ability to develop ROI models for HR/People initiatives preferred
- Prior experience with HR analytics across all disciplines of HR and the demonstrated ability to make sound business decisions based on root cause analysis of data highly preferred
Why Join Our Story
Elevate K-12 is tasked with an important mission: change the way K-12 classrooms and teaching work. Our organization is a radically open-minded company that is scaling fast. We are a team focused on high performance, dynamism and embodying a collaborative culture at all levels. Our teammates are able to have open, honest discussions that drive us toward our mission. Elevate K-12 is in a stage of hyper growth that will continue to open up new challenges and opportunities for our team.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender (including gender identity, gender expression, change of sex, and transgender status), sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request.