Elevate K-12 is changing the way classrooms work through live, online, real-time instruction to K-12 schools. Our two main focuses are to give students the best quality instructors and get them ready for the world of the future and to give instructors, especially women, work opportunities, irrespective of zip codes. We are the new way to the classroom!
The Sr. Business Analyst will work closely with Elevate K12 Business teams to understand, document, and validate their business processes, requirements, and perform analysis to identify the areas that require efficient IT solutions. Excellent analytical skills with business process knowledge to translate customer business needs into application and operational requirements. Strong leadership skills to lead cross-functional teams in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment with the ability to maintain discipline and focus on our business goals.
- Engage with business users to understand how changes to processes, and technology can improve efficiencies and add value; articulate those ideas while balancing them against what’s technologically feasible and functionally reasonable.
- Act as an agent of change by facilitating requirements development and management for new applications, enhancements of existing applications, and maintaining production support; proactively manage key requirements deliverables and dependencies throughout the project and product lifecycle.
- Define, translate, and document new business needs and objectives into requirements, then collaborate with Business and IT leads to ensure requirements are prioritized and being satisfied by the implementation team.
- Collaborate closely with business partners to craft business processes for optimization, present business process opportunities to the senior management team, and translate business process opportunities into requirements for all stakeholders including but not limited to development, testing, and training.
- Elicit requirements and utilize those requirements to bring the business and IT teams to a common understanding to ensure all stakeholders are aligned on what is really needed.
- Document workflows and collaborate with the UI/UX team to gather design feedback from stakeholders.
- Lead a cross-functional team to conduct gap analysis for enhancement of existing applications and functionality, extract and document as-is and to-be business processes.
- Review testing artifacts and provide feedback prior to test execution, to ensure test plan and test cases are properly traced to requirements.
- Research and document usability feedback from end-users and product stakeholders to maintain product backlog and future enhancement releases.
- Interact with all user types to understand and assess user requests; refine user feedback into requirements and/or user stories using Elevate K-12 standards
- Gather metrics requirements and document success criteria.
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Lead Change Control process
- Define application/system performance requirements where appropriate.
- Participate in user acceptance testing and testing of new application functionality
- Provide technical assistance in training, mentoring, and coaching professional and technical staff
- Perform project management responsibilities for new initiatives as well as existing production support resolutions; partner with fellow project managers and business analysts to deliver jointly
- Manage critical path items proactively, work with IT directors and leads to develop risk mitigation plans
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion
- Work with third-party contractors/vendors associated with project(s); track their status and deliverables
- Mentor junior business analysts
- Perform other duties as assigned
Works closely with the project managers so that documents are on track and meet the consistency and usability standards set by the Elevate K12.
Works with development leads to meet the testing, documentation, support and maintenance
requirements of Elevate K12 technology platform.
Attends training to acquire expertise in Elevate K12 core technologies
What you will need:
- Total 11+ years experience of Business Analyst
- Minimum 7 years experience in core Business Analyst role
- Must have in-depth experience in waterfall with some exposure in Agile methodology is preferred
- Must have hands on and strong experience in requirement documentation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong Interpersonal and consultative skills
- Facilitation skills
- Analytical thinking and problem solving
- Being detail-oriented and capable of delivering a high level of accuracy
- Organizational skills
- Stakeholder analysis
- Requirements engineering
- Processes modeling
Be Part Of Our Story:
Elevate K-12 is tasked with an important mission: change the way K-12 classrooms and teaching work. Our organization is a radically open-minded company that is scaling fast. We are a team focused on high performance, dynamism and embodying a collaborative culture at all levels. Our teammates are able to have open, honest discussions that drive us toward our mission. Elevate K-12 is in a stage of hyper growth that will continue to open up new challenges and opportunities for our team.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender (including gender identity, gender expression, change of sex, and transgender status), sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request.