Elevate K-12 is changing the way classrooms work through live, online, real-time instruction to K-12 schools. Our two main focuses are to give students the best quality instructors and get them ready for the world of the future and to give instructors, especially women, work opportunities, irrespective of zip codes. We are the new way to classroom!
In pursuit of this goal, we are looking for UI/UX designers to join our technical team as we move from being a tech-enabled service to a tech product company. We are looking for passionate and enthusiastic people who love solving complex business problems and providing excellent technical solutions. If you are passionate about joining a mission-driven, education technology company and creating the future of EdTech, then this role is for you!
- Be a great team player, experienced in working with agile teams. Ability to collaborate closely with developers
- Create, improve and use wire frames, prototypes, style guides, user flows, and effectively communicate your interaction ideas using any of these methods
- Present and defend your design decisions. All your design decisions should be based on the overall design road map as well as your own design thinking and fundamental principles (i.e. color theory, visual weight, etc)
- Continuously keep yourself and your design team updated with the latest changes in your industry’s standards
What you will need:
- 4-6 years of experience as UI/UX designer
- Hands-on experience creating wireframes, prototypes, storyboards, user flows, brand based UI packs, etc
- Experience using tools such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe XD, Balsamic, Sketch, Illustrator, InVision, UXPin, Quartz, Asana
- Creative ideas with problem solving mindset and user empathy
- Experience working in an agile/scrum development process
- Basic PHP knowledge, which we were planning on using to collect form responses and send auto-response emails
- Experience with designing responsive layouts for all screens.
Be Part Of Our Story:
Elevate K-12 is tasked with an important mission: change the way K-12 classrooms and teaching work. Our organization is a radically open-minded company that is scaling fast. We are a team focused on high performance, dynamism and embodying a collaborative culture at all levels. Our teammates are able to have open, honest discussions that drive us toward our mission. Elevate K-12 is in a stage of hyper growth that will continue to open up new challenges and opportunities for our team.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender (including gender identity, gender expression, change of sex, and transgender status), sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request.