Elevate K-12 is changing the way classrooms work through live, online, real-time instruction to K-12 schools. Our two main focuses are to give students the best quality instructors and get them ready for the world of the future and to give instructors, especially women, work opportunities, irrespective of zip codes. We are the new way to classroom!
Every student deserves a high-quality education. The teacher shortage (and COVID) has made it extremely difficult for school districts everywhere to fill openings with top-tier, certified, teachers. Those students are left to learn from long-term subs, retired staff, or anyone else they can find. We don't believe that's fair. Luckily, we've been able to help fill the gap for hundreds of school districts across the nation and ensure each student receives the quality education they deserve. That's what drives us to keep pushing the boundaries of K-12 education.
The Sales Development Representative is responsible for identifying and qualifying sales opportunities for Elevate K-12’s sales organization. There is not a high degree of technical knowledge required for this position. This position lays the foundation for a successful high tech sales career. There is a path for career growth within Elevate K-12 for the right candidate that is willing to learn and work toward that goal. You are someone who enjoys taking on a challenge, interacting with people online/over the phone and have a team player mentality. Help us continue in our mission of empowering struggling students.
- Reach out to prospective schools and districts partners in a resourceful and engaging way, leveraging phone, email and social media
- Help set up meetings for our Outside Sales team across the U.S.
- Have opportunities for growth and development
- Act as an Elevate K-12 evangelist
- Gain sales knowledge from our team
- Work in an engaging and dynamic environment focused on impacting education and working collaboratively
What you will need
- Prior experience in Sales preferred but not required
- A hunter’s mentality and competitive spirit
- A deep passion for professional development and desire to learn
- Displays a high level of personal and professional integrity
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Passion and drive
- Growth mindset
- A Bachelor’s degree a plus
- Experience in EdTech a huge plus!
This position is required to work out of our downtown Chicago office at least 1-2 days per week.
What you can expect from Elevate K-12
A dynamic organization focused on impact and growth. We are changing the way schools incorporate one-on-one student engagement and have double-digit projected growth that will continue to open up opportunities for our team. You will also receive financial recognition for successful activities!
Your first 3-6 months
- Learn the Elevate K-12 product and messaging
- Learn about the people we help and how we’re able to help them
- Learn the tools necessary to be successful: CRM, Sales Engagement, Product Info, etc.
- Build relationships with your field sales counterparts
- Leverage any opportunity you can to learn the market and the business
- Consistently meet goals for setting introductory meetings between prospects and sales reps
- Continue to build on your core skills and product/industry knowledge
- Know what it takes to meet or exceed your goals and maintain the momentum to do so
- Begin to expand your knowledge of closing-role sales duties and responsibilities
- Work with mentors to set goals for yourself to gain consideration for promotion
We are equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender (including gender identity, gender expression, change of sex, and transgender status), sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request.