Elevate K-12 is changing the way classrooms work through live, online, real-time instruction to K-12 schools. Our two main focuses are to give students the best quality instructors and get them ready for the world of the future and to give instructors, especially women, work opportunities, irrespective of zip codes. We are the new way to the classroom!
In pursuit of this goal, we are looking for Tech Lead to join our technical team as we move from being a tech-enabled service to a tech product company. We are looking for passionate and enthusiastic people who love solving complex business problems and providing excellent technical solutions. If you are passionate about joining a mission-driven, education technology company and creating the future of EdTech, then this role is for you!
- Build and maintain the product platform.
- Provide technical leadership to the development team.
- Understand architecture principles, design patterns and implement them from architecture artifacts.
- Work with business analysts and solution architects to understand requirements, identify requirement gaps.
- Provide effort estimation of assigned work and be able to complete as per the estimations and timelines.
- Produce low-level designs based on architecture and high-level design documents.
- Coding using Microsoft technologies.
- Review technical documentation and perform code reviews.
- Work with the QA team for build and release management.
- On-board new members to the development team and provide hiring support.
What skills you should have:
- Years of experience 11 - 13 years
- Strong leadership skills
- Effective delegation skills
- Inclination to learn new technologies
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Good negotiation skills for workplace conflict resolution
- Sound analysis, problem resolution, team building, judgment and decision-making skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to think ahead and anticipate problems, issues and solutions
What technical skills you should have:
- ASP.NET 4.0 (C#) MVC
- ASP.NET Core
- SQL Server 2008/2012 (Transact SQL, Stored Procedures, Triggers)
- REST Web services
- Strong HTML background
- AJAX Techniques
- Entity Frameworks and LINQ HTML5,
- Razor View engine,
- Object oriented programming knowledge is a must
- Experience with cloud computing (Azure) is a plus
Be Part Of Our Story:
Elevate K-12 is tasked with an important mission: change the way K-12 classrooms and teaching work. Our organization is a radically open-minded company that is scaling fast. We are a team focused on high performance, dynamism and embodying a collaborative culture at all levels. Our teammates are able to have open, honest discussions that drive us toward our mission. Elevate K-12 is in a stage of hyper growth that will continue to open up new challenges and opportunities for our team.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender (including gender identity, gender expression, change of sex, and transgender status), sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request.