ElevateBio is a cell and gene therapy technology company built to power the development of transformative cell and gene therapies today and for many decades to come. The company has assembled industry-leading talent, built world-class facilities, and integrated diverse technology platforms necessary for rapid innovation and commercialization of cell, gene, and regenerative therapies.
ElevateBio is seeking an Office Manager to work at facility in Waltham. The ideal candidate will be comfortable wearing many hats and will a possess the mentality that no job is too big, and no job is too small. We are a growing, dynamic organization, so this position will grow and change along with the company. Communication is of paramount importance with this role. This candidate should be polished and professional, having a high level of comfort interacting with all levels of management. This is a multifaceted role that covers the spectrum of visitor and employee experience both as the individuals enter, move through and work in the space and the development and continual progression of a collaborative corporate culture, including social and team building events and planning/facilitation of large and complex meetings. This is a hospitality centered role and, as such, the person in this position should have a helpful, can-do, happy to help, ask me anything attitude. The Office Manager has 1 direct report.
Here’s What You’ll Do:
- Assist in the planning and organization of opening a new office in the Waltham area.
- Oversee day-to-day office operations and procedures
- Partner with a variety of team members to execute initiatives and events
- Plan company events from start to finish, including budgeting and vendor selection, coordination, and management
- Provide coordination support for meetings, as needed, including catering and IT assistance
- Serve as a point of contact for Facilities department
- Coordinate with IT department with office equipment requests and issues
- Support the on-boarding and orientation process for new hires
- Coordinate access to various supplies throughout the company
- Supervise and train Front Desk Receptionist
- Provide support for Front Desk Receptionist, including covering their shift and managing their responsibilities during breaks or on sick days
- 6+ years previous administrative experience, with 2+ years of experience in a supervisory role preferred
- Experience and comfort with a small biotech company environment preferred
- Must have strong ability to exercise sound judgment and professional maturity
- Must be able to handle a high volume, fast-paced environment
- Well organized, self-motivated handworker, very smart independent thinker, works well under pressure and deadlines, detail oriented
- Must be able to work cooperatively as a team member
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written) are a must
- Ability to interact with internal and external contacts at all levels of management including Executives and Senior Management
- A thorough knowledge of word-processing and standard office equipment is required
- Must have advanced skills with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- University degree appreciated, but not required
Why join ElevateBio?
ElevateBio is accelerating the future of biotechnology; developing the next-generation of cell, viral and regenerative medicine therapeutics for the treatment of severe diseases. We have launched a revolutionary new model that integrates innovators, infrastructure and capital to effectively develop cell, gene and related therapies for patients with severe and life-threatening disorders. With plans for a cutting-edge laboratory and manufacturing center already underway, we're building a world-class organization lead by expert talent with bench-to-bedside capabilities.
At the heart of the ElevateBio platform is ElevateBio Base Camp, a state-of-the-art research, development and manufacturing center for innovation in the Greater Boston Area to be staffed with a world-class team of scientists.
Next-generation product development for advanced therapies supported by global bench-to-bedside expertise shared across our portfolio of companies
ElevateBio is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. ElevateBio will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.