ElevateBio is a cell and gene therapy technology company built to power the development of transformative cell and gene therapies today and for many decades to come. The company has assembled industry-leading talent, built world-class facilities, and integrated diverse technology platforms necessary for rapid innovation and commercialization of cell, gene, and regenerative therapies.
Reporting to the Vice President of Financial Planning & Analysis, the Senior Director of Corporate Financial Planning & Analysis will provide leadership and hands-on support to Corporate Budgets / Forecasts, Long Range Planning, and ad hoc strategic financial analyses to support business development and investor relations. Success in this role will require the ability to cultivate an effective business partnership between the FP&A team, the broader Finance team and ElevateBio leadership. As a key leader of our FP&A team, you will help us in our objective to provide the optimal mix of analysis, process, financial control and business partnering within the company.
Here’s What You’ll Do:
- Manage and support the financial planning and forecasting process for ElevateBio
- Manage and support both the long-range plan (LRP) and annual operating budgets for ElevateBio
- Develop executive summary presentations and monthly management reporting and analysis packages to support strategic decisions
- Work closely with department heads, Finance leadership and Human Resources to drive enterprise level financial, headcount and strategic planning
- Partner closely with the accounting team on the month-end and quarter-end close processes to record proper accounting adjustments to operating expenses
- Maintain and improve financial models/reports that track and analyze functional costs and their impact on the company’s overall performance
- Identify risks and opportunities that drive financial results and effectively communicate to Finance leadership
- Drive reporting, forecasting and process improvements, including developing dashboards and reports for trending and analysis of specific business objectives and processes
- Ad Hoc projects or tasks as assigned by manager
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or Business, or equivalent experience. MBA or CPA preferred
- 10+ years of experience in financial planning and analysis – with prior people management experience preferred, but not required
- Life science (Pharmaceutical or Biotech) experience required specifically in the areas of Long-Range Planning, strategic planning and business development analytical support.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP preferred
- Must possess strong finance skills, analytical ability, and solid business acumen
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks and handle simultaneous assignments under tight deadlines and in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across organizations and utilize resources effectively
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint and Word are required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Why join ElevateBio?
ElevateBio is accelerating the future of biotechnology; developing the next-generation of cell, viral and regenerative medicine therapeutics for the treatment of severe diseases. We have launched a revolutionary new model that integrates innovators, infrastructure and capital to effectively develop cell, gene and related therapies for patients with severe and life-threatening disorders. With plans for a cutting-edge laboratory and manufacturing center already underway, we're building a world-class organization lead by expert talent with bench-to-bedside capabilities.
At the heart of the ElevateBio platform is ElevateBio Base Camp, a state-of-the-art research, development and manufacturing center for innovation in the Greater Boston Area to be staffed with a world-class team of scientists.
Next-generation product development for advanced therapies supported by global bench-to-bedside expertise shared across our portfolio of companies
ElevateBio is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. ElevateBio will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.