ElevateBio is a cell and gene therapy technology company built to power the development of transformative cell and gene therapies today and for many decades to come. The company has assembled industry-leading talent, built world-class facilities, and integrated diverse technology platforms necessary for rapid innovation and commercialization of cell, gene, and regenerative therapies.
This Associate Scientist will play an important role in executing hands-on research activities involving lentiviral vectors and viral engineering of primary T cells as well as other cell types. Reporting to the Sr. Scientist Lentiviral Vectors, the Associate Scientist will work to construct and produce optimized lentiviral vectors as well as to develop critical cell lines and viral vector assays to support internal programs in addition to activities within our portfolio companies and strategic partners.
Here’s What You’ll Do:
- Produce research-grade lentiviral vectors for early construct assessment at small scale
- Run viral characterization assays including functional titer, qPCR, ddPCR and ELISA
- Utilize molecular biology techniques to design, construct, and QC lentiviral expression vectors for cell and gene therapy applications
- Produce viral-engineered cell lines for research and development assays
- Support the development and execution of cell and analytical-based assays as necessary
- Perform other related duties as deemed necessary by the department
- Interact with co-workers in other research and process development teams
- Ensure compliance with electronic lab notebook (eLN) entries and other record keeping
- A BS or MS with 1 – 3+ years of industry experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency with lentiviral vectors and molecular biology.
- Extensive tissue culture experience with adherent and suspension cells.
- Hands on experience with standard analytical techniques such as qPCR, agarose gel, SDS-PAGE electrophoresis.
- Experience with ddPCR is a plus.
- Experience with nucleic acid extraction and quantification is desirable.
- Knowledge of adoptive cell therapy and/or gene therapy fields is helpful.
- Outstanding communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate work on several simultaneous projects.
- Ability to collaborate effectively in a dynamic, cross-functional matrix environment.
Benefits of working in this role:
- You will help advance ElevateBio’s lentiviral platform and pipeline
- You will have support for career development in the scientific track.
- You will work cross-functionally with other groups across ElevateBio.
- You will be part of a collaborative and fast-space learning environment where management and scientists design and execute interesting innovate scientific experiments
Why join ElevateBio?
ElevateBio is accelerating the future of biotechnology; developing the next-generation of cell, viral and regenerative medicine therapeutics for the treatment of severe diseases. We have launched a revolutionary new model that integrates innovators, infrastructure and capital to effectively develop cell, gene and related therapies for patients with severe and life-threatening disorders. With plans for a cutting-edge laboratory and manufacturing center already underway, we're building a world-class organization lead by expert talent with bench-to-bedside capabilities.
At the heart of the ElevateBio platform is ElevateBio Base Camp, a state-of-the-art research, development and manufacturing center for innovation in the Greater Boston Area to be staffed with a world-class team of scientists.
Next-generation product development for advanced therapies supported by global bench-to-bedside expertise shared across our portfolio of companies
ElevateBio is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. ElevateBio will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.