ElevateBio is a cell and gene therapy technology company built to power the development of transformative cell and gene therapies today and for many decades to come. The company has assembled industry-leading talent, built world-class facilities, and integrated diverse technology platforms necessary for rapid innovation and commercialization of cell, gene, and regenerative therapies.
Elevate Bio is looking for an in vivo Pharmacologist with strong organizational and communication skills, and the desire to be part of a highly collaborative and cross-functional team. The applicant will apply her/his strong pharmacology knowledge to drive the product development for our oncology programs. This position offers an exciting opportunity to contribute to the preclinical development of our vast variety of cell and gene therapy products. Experience in developing pre-clinical in vivo packages for IND submission for cell and gene therapy products and specifically CAR/TCR T cell products is highly desired.
Here’s What You’ll Do:
- Develop optimal animal models for testing a broad pipeline of gene and cell therapy products
- Hands-on execution and interpretation of in vivo preclinical studies
- Manage in vivo pharmacology research in a matrixed environment, as well as external academic collaborations and an extensive network of CROs
- Work closely with CROs and academic collaborators during all aspects of execution of preclinical studies (study design, monitoring, data analysis, interpretation and reports fit for regulatory filings)
- Collaborate with in vitro scientists to characterize T cell function using standard immunological assays including flow cytometry, cytokine profiling and cytotoxicity
- Critically summarize and present data internally to interdisciplinary teams as well as externally at scientific meetings
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the desire to succeed in a collaborative work environment are required
- Master in Immunology, Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Pharmacology, or related life sciences field with strong scientific background in in vivo Immuno-Oncology with 3+ years of biopharma experience
- Hands-on experience in conducting in vivo preclinical studies is required, including dosing (IV, IP, IT, ID and SC), monitoring tumor growth, tissue harvesting and ex vivo analyses (flow cytometry, MSD, IHC...)
- Ensure appropriate use of animals in compliance with all regulatory requirements and internal standards
- Experience with writing study reports is a plus
- Proven track record in progressing cell and gene therapy products from validation to early clinical development is an asset
- Experience managing external vendors, and with outsourced models of Research & Development
- Excellent pre-clinical judgment and ability to communicate complex pre-clinical issues in a scientifically sound and understandable way
- Team player, detailed oriented and outstanding organizational and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to effectively collaborate in a dynamic, cross-functional matrix environment
- Respectful and with the desire to be part of a diverse team
Why join ElevateBio?
ElevateBio is accelerating the future of biotechnology; developing the next-generation of cell, viral and regenerative medicine therapeutics for the treatment of severe diseases. We have launched a revolutionary new model that integrates innovators, infrastructure and capital to effectively develop cell, gene and related therapies for patients with severe and life-threatening disorders. With plans for a cutting-edge laboratory and manufacturing center already underway, we're building a world-class organization lead by expert talent with bench-to-bedside capabilities.
At the heart of the ElevateBio platform is ElevateBio Base Camp, a state-of-the-art research, development and manufacturing center for innovation in the Greater Boston Area to be staffed with a world-class team of scientists.
Next-generation product development for advanced therapies supported by global bench-to-bedside expertise shared across our portfolio of companies
ElevateBio is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. ElevateBio will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.