ElevateBio is a cell and gene therapy technology company built to power the development of transformative cell and gene therapies today and for many decades to come. The company has assembled industry-leading talent, built world-class facilities, and integrated diverse technology platforms necessary for rapid innovation and commercialization of cell, gene, and regenerative therapies.
Elevatebio is looking for an innovative Senior Scientist to characterize the function/preclinical safety of our T cell platforms. The candidate will possess excellent scientific/technical skills and the desire to be part of a collaborative team that drives our work forward in partnership with colleagues and cross-functional partners. The ideal candidate would have expertise in designing, developing, executing and analyzing immunological assays to characterize the function and preclinical safety of engineered human primary T cells (CAR and TCR T cells). Experience in developing pre-clinical packages for IND submission for cell and gene therapy products and specifically CAR/TCR T cell products is highly desired. The main activities for this position will be laboratory focused.
Here's What You'll Do:
- Expansion and maintenance of lymphoblastoid cell lines, induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSC) derived cell types, tumor cell lines and gene modified human T cell cultures
- Employ viral vector-based strategies for the genetic modification of human T cells with chimeric antigen receptors (CARs) and T cell receptors (TCRs)
- Engineer tumor cell lines and sorting
- Capable of independently characterizing genetically modified primary T lymphocytes using standard immunological assays including flow cytometry, cytokine profiling and cytotoxicity
- Work closely with CROs and academic collaborators during all aspects of planning and execution of outsourced activities (BLAST analysis, NetMHC evaluation, cross-reactivity studies, etc)
- Lead experimental design and organize experimental execution
- Compile and present research data to functional teams
- Maintain a lab notebook and contribute to support documentation when necessary
- Provide critical lab support while working in a collaborative team environment
- Build a robust preclinical safety data package for IND submissions
- Compile preclinical data into study reports for regulatory filing
- PhD in Immunology, Molecular Biology or similar with 3-5+ years of industry experience in the T cell therapy field
- Direct experience with T cell culture and techniques to characterize T cells including flow cytometry, cytokine release (Luminex, MSD), cytotoxicity (Impedance, Incucyte) is required
- Experience with TCR T cells safety evaluation is preferable, including Alanine scanning, BLAST analysis and NetMHC analysis, Position scanning, assessing TCR T cell alloreactivity and cross reactivity
- Experience with writing study reports for regulatory filing is desirable
- Understanding of safe laboratory practices and BSL requirements
- Detail-oriented, organized, and technically competent
- Highly adaptable and responsive, and committed to completing tasks in a timely fashion
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in a dynamic environment as a team player with a strong work ethic
- Able to maintain written records in the form of laboratory notebooks (paper or electronic)
- Excellent pre-clinical judgment and ability to communicate complex pre-clinical issues in a scientifically sound and understandable way
- Team player, detailed oriented and outstanding organizational and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to effectively collaborate in a dynamic, cross-functional matrix environment
- Respectful and with the desire to be part of a diverse team
Why join ElevateBio?
ElevateBio is accelerating the future of biotechnology; developing the next-generation of cell, viral and regenerative medicine therapeutics for the treatment of severe diseases. We have launched a revolutionary new model that integrates innovators, infrastructure and capital to effectively develop cell, gene and related therapies for patients with severe and life-threatening disorders. With plans for a cutting-edge laboratory and manufacturing center already underway, we're building a world-class organization lead by expert talent with bench-to-bedside capabilities.
At the heart of the ElevateBio platform is ElevateBio Base Camp, a state-of-the-art research, development and manufacturing center for innovation in the Greater Boston Area to be staffed with a world-class team of scientists.
Next-generation product development for advanced therapies supported by global bench-to-bedside expertise shared across our portfolio of companies
ElevateBio is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. ElevateBio will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.