Design Directors are the driving force keeping the creative side of Elephant at the top of its game. They make sure no talent goes to waste and the work stays sharp. Design Directors develop original design concepts, global marketing campaigns and digital media productions; oversee multiple projects through execution; and directly manage a team of creatives. Leadership and motivation skills are absolutely essential for the role. Our Design Directors see such massive undertakings in front of them and say, “We can do more here.” This is a leadership position in every sense, and we need someone who can represent Elephant culture and standards to all levels and disciplines within the department and the company. Design Directors are also responsible for managing client relationships in all things related to creative.
What we’d like to see:
- Robust background with experience in a creative leadership role in a digital agency environment. Recognized expertise in one of the following: advertising, collateral, identity or interactive design.
- Proven knowledge of the fundamentals: interaction design, user-centered experience design, brand development, digital marketing and the creative process, as well as new platforms and technologies. Ability to provide clear creative direction as well as timely and helpful feedback to improve creative processes that keep work on budget and schedule.
- Bold leadership skills. We need someone who is confident in everything from team building and mentoring to guiding large groups of creative talent.
- Effective presentation skills and communication abilities at all levels of both internal and client organizations.
- Strong ability to prioritize work and resources across engagements based on short- and long-term need. Timelines, budgets and availabilities change, and we need someone who can roll with it.
Elephant is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We strongly support diversity in the workforce.