Who is Elementum™?
Elementum offers a growing portfolio of supply chain automation applications which complement the existing, sometimes legacy supply chain infrastructure. These SaaS applications are fast to adopt by our customers, integrate with their supply chain data, work with their legacy, allowing them to collaborate on supply chain logistics across companies with their upstream and downstream partners. Our applications bring modern visibility, agility, teamwork, and workflow to the supply chain world. Born on AWS and cloud native, we are actively building out major new modules and features and each engineer's work makes an immediate and visible difference to our customers.
What is the Software Engineer - Back End role?
We are looking for a server side developer to help build out Java-based services and features in our core SaaS application using a Springboot framework, databases, a variety of AWS infrastructure, and deployed as EKS and on EC2. .
What you will do:
- You will be working on Elementums newest, born in AWS, cloud-native platform
- Design and build Java based, containerized services accessing multiple data sources and serving up RESTful API’s to our UX stack team
- Participating in an AWS-centric, Agile, DevOps, and CI/CD development methodology
- Implementing a variety of surrounding features including interfaces to email, collaboration systems, media, databases synchronizations and data pipelines, data warehouses for reporting and analytics, IAM, Public API’s, and so on
- Ensure the performance, quality, coding standards and responsiveness of applications.
- Work closely with the UX team to design the APIs which they need
- Understand and leverage complex relational data models
- Collaborate with other engineers and teams, solving complex problems.
- Follow community coding standards and build appropriate unit and integration tests.
- 5+ years of battle tested Java experience and RESTful web services
- Familiar with building and deploying systems like Maven, Git, Jenkins, Docker
- Experience working with CI/CD, DevOps, and AWS
- Familiar with Relations databases, SQL, and Java frameworks such as Spring and jOOQ
- Have strong CS fundamentals, including strong knowledge of classic algorithms and
- data structures
- Have design experience, including knowledge of common design patterns and relevant
- You translate complex business requirements into elegant, extensible and robust code
- Experience with cloud design patterns requirements including auto-scaling, statelessness, replication, high availability, “AWS Well architected”
- DevOps/SRE participation including use of tools like Sumo Logic, incidents, and retrospectives
- You are thorough in test-driven development, test coverage, and other best practices
- Good command / proficient in spoken and written English
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Technology or equivalent experience
- Competitive salaries
- Excellent health insurance plan - OSDE 310
- Opportunity to participate in equity program
- PTO - 15 working days per year
- English lessons in company
- Regular team-building events and wellness activities
- Other amazing benefits. Just ask someone who works here!! :)