We’re an early stage, well-funded startup team with a proven track record of shipping open source software with global adoption. We put a premium on respectful, clear, and complete communication, and we expect each other to be creative, curious, effective, and empathetic.
We believe deeply that the right tools and abstractions enable not just technological transformation, but also organizational transformation. We strive to put the user and their hard work at the center of our decision making. In practice, that means we are looking for engineers who want to write clean APIs and helpful error messages, and who always try to understand user needs when designing a new system.
All of our open source work is done publicly. You can gain context about how we collaborate as a team and the problems we work on by exploring GitHub and looking at our code reviews.
About the role
We are seeking a highly motivated Sales Operations Manager to establish and manage the day-to-day operations of our sales team. As the first Sales Operations hire, you will have the opportunity to create and implement sales processes, design dashboards and reports, manage our CRM, and collaborate with other departments to achieve our revenue goals.
This is a full-time, competitively paid position with benefits. We are a distributed team with offices in San Francisco and Minneapolis. We have team members all over the U.S. and we are hiring fully remote candidates in the U.S. Every employee is provided a remote work stipend to cover the cost of home office equipment and anything else that makes your remote work location comfortable, productive, or successful. And if you’d rather not work from home, we’ll cover the cost of a coworking or office space if you’re fully remote.
- Establish and implement sales processes and procedures that improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Manage the sales forecasting and planning process to ensure that we meet our revenue targets.
- Develop and implement compensation plans and incentives that motivate the sales team to exceed their targets.
- Manage the sales technology stack and ensure that it is being used effectively.
- Ensure data accuracy and cleanliness in our CRM.
- Assist with Order Management responsibilities as and where needed.
- Identify and implement new sales tools and technologies that improve sales performance.
- Provide ongoing analysis of sales performance to identify areas for improvement and recommend changes.
- Maintain key sales performance metrics and dashboards that provide visibility into sales performance.
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in sales operations.
- Deep knowledge and experience with Salesforce.
- Experience in managing sales compensation plans and incentive programs.
- Excellent communication, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Familiarity with BI tools such as Hex.
- Strong project management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience in a SaaS company.
- Experience with sales enablement platforms.
- Knowledge of sales methodologies and best practices.
- Experience in developing and delivering sales training and coaching programs.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
You belong here
We are committed to building an inclusive team and an open source community where no one feels out of place. We know that teams with diverse backgrounds state their assumptions more explicitly, think more rigorously, and build better software. Plus it's more fun and interesting to work with a wide variety of perspectives.
You should apply to work at Elementl if you want to work in, and help to build and strengthen, a high-performing software development environment where people of all backgrounds are welcome.
The estimated annual cash salary for this role is $140,000 - $190,000.
- ℹ️ Learn more about Dagster
- ▶️ Watch the 10 min Dagster Overview
- ▶️ Hear from some members of our team
- ▶️ Hear from some of our users
No recruiters please.