We’re an early stage, well-funded startup team with a proven track record of shipping open-source software with global adoption. We put a premium on respectful, clear, and complete communication, and we expect each other to be creative, curious, effective, and empathetic.
Dagster is designed for data platform engineers, data engineers, and full-stack data scientists. Building a data platform with Dagster makes your stakeholders more independent and your systems more robust. Developing data pipelines with Dagster makes testing easier and deploying faster.
About the role
As one of the founding members of our sales team at Elementl, you’ll help us grow the enterprise side of our business. This is an important role for our growing team and will provide you with the opportunity to make a meaningful impact.
This is a full-time, competitively paid position with benefits. We are a distributed team with offices in San Francisco and Minneapolis. We have team members all over the U.S. and we are hiring fully remote candidates in the U.S. Every employee is provided a remote work stipend to cover the cost of home office equipment and anything else that makes your remote work location comfortable, productive, or successful. And if you’d rather not work from home, we’ll cover the cost of a coworking or office space if you’re fully remote.
You’ll be responsible for identifying and closing existing and new customers into enterprise plans. We’re looking for hard-working, competitive, and self-motivated individuals who have succeeded in similar roles. This is the perfect opportunity for a motivated individual looking to get in on the ground floor of an exciting technology startup.
- Identify inbound opportunities and qualify outbound leads
- Help refine the sales process and strategy to improve your effectiveness
- Own the entire sales process, including product presentations, account management, generating quotes, negotiating contracts, and closing business
- Communicate cross-functionally with our support, product, and development teams
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- A minimum of 2-4 years of SaaS sales experience. Data orchestration experience is strongly preferred
- A strong sense of urgency and motivation to exceed aggressive sales goals
- Interest in boosting your technical skills. You won’t need to read server logs coming in, but you should be open to learning the fundamentals
- To be both flexible and coachable. We will be fine-tuning our sales approach as we go along, and we expect you to do the same
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
You belong here
We are committed to building an inclusive team and an open-source community where no one feels out of place. We know that teams with diverse backgrounds state their assumptions more explicitly, think more rigorously and build better software. Plus it's more fun and interesting to work with a wide variety of perspectives.
You should apply to work at Elementl if you want to work in, and help to build and strengthen, a high-performing software company where people of all backgrounds are welcome.