We’re an early stage, well-funded startup team with a proven track record of shipping open source software with global adoption. We put a premium on respectful, clear, and complete communication, and we expect each other to be creative, curious, effective, and empathetic.
We believe deeply that the right tools and abstractions enable not just technological transformation, but also organizational transformation. We strive to put the user and their hard work at the center of our decision making. In practice, that means we are looking for engineers who want to write clean APIs and helpful error messages, and who always try to understand user needs when designing a new system.
About the role
Elementl is hiring a Sales Engineer to onboard and educate our clients efficiently and intelligently.
We’re seeking Sales Engineers to join us and support the increasing demand from our sales team.
As a Sales Engineer, the main responsibilities are to secure the “technical win” and contribute to the enablement of our prospects during their selection process.
This is a full-time, competitively paid position with benefits. We are a distributed team with offices in San Francisco and Minneapolis. We have team members all over the U.S. and we are hiring fully remote candidates in the U.S. Every employee is provided a remote work stipend to cover the cost of home office equipment and anything else that makes your remote work location comfortable, productive, or successful. And if you’d rather not work from home, we’ll cover the cost of a coworking or office space if you’re fully remote.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the sales cycle with our customers’ technical staff
- Drive and manage the technology evaluation stage of the sales process, working in conjunction with the sales team as the key technical advisor and advocate for Dagster Cloud.
- Create and run in-depth demos for CTOs, Engineers, and Executives.
- Work closely with the technical members of our various partners to ensure their success with customers and prospects
- Assist the product team in requirements gathering for new integrations and features
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- Experience with Python
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Deep interest in the data landscape
- Ability to be effective in an unstructured environment
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and that of the company
- Sales and sales processes
- Data Engineering
- Experience with Kubernetes, ECS, Fargate
- Startups and online technology
You Belong here
We are committed to building an inclusive team and an open-source community where no one feels out of place. We know that teams with diverse backgrounds state their assumptions more explicitly, think more rigorously and build better software. Plus it's more fun and interesting to work with a wide variety of perspectives.
You should apply to work at Elementl if you want to work in, and help to build and strengthen, a high-performing software development environment where people of all backgrounds are welcome.
Dagster is built in Python and TypeScript to work on macOS, Posix, and Windows. We use GraphQL, Apollo, and React to develop beautiful frontend tooling. We integrate with a wide range of databases, data warehouses, orchestration engines, compute substrates, and cloud services.