We’re an early stage, well-funded startup team with a proven track record of shipping open source software with global adoption. We put a premium on respectful, clear, and complete communication, and we expect each other to be creative, curious, effective, and empathetic. We believe deeply that the right tools and abstractions enable not just technological transformation, but also organizational transformation. We strive to put the user and their hard work at the center of our decision making. In practice, that means we are looking for engineers who want to write clean APIs and helpful error messages, and who always try to understand user needs when designing a new system.
All of our open source work is done publicly. You can gain context about how we collaborate as a team and the problems we work on by exploring our Phabricator instance and looking at our code reviews.About the role
Over the past year, the Dagster community has grown to 1,300 members across 400 organizations. Our users have different backgrounds and skillsets and represent organizations across many industries, from healthcare to quantum computing. As the developer relations lead, you will create an environment where users have the tools to succeed, whether their goal is to learn about the project and best practices, adapt Dagster to their custom infrastructure, evaluate Dagster for their organization, or anything in between.
- You are intentional about the high-level community growth strategy through to the day-to-day execution.
- You will create opportunities for users to: show off their Dagster projects, build connections within the community, share product feedback.
- You will develop relationships with highly engaged users, and produce technical content.
- You have a pulse on what content users are interested in and what features users want, and are excited to start new community initiatives like virtual conferences and meetups.
- You will guide the ongoing involvement of the engineering team with the community.
- You deeply value inclusivity and work to cultivate belonging.
- You will have autonomy in scoping, prioritizing, and executing on projects, with the north star of serving the growing Dagster community.
- A demonstrated ability to grow developer communities while maintaining quality.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Practical knowledge of data tools, developer tools, data engineering, and the broader data ecosystem. Bonus points for experience as a data engineer.
- Experience producing high-quality technical content.
Dagster is built in Python and TypeScript to work on macOS, Posix, and Windows. We use GraphQL, Apollo, and React to develop beautiful frontend tooling. We integrate with a wide range of databases, data warehouses, orchestration engines, compute substrates, and cloud services.