WHO WE ARE:
Join a team of dreamers and revolutionaries who are focused on democratizing access to genetic analysis, thereby accelerating the pace of scientific discovery. We are redefining an industry and the possibilities are endless.
We have built a highly efficient product-driven organization where employees can learn, grow, and thrive in a challenging but encouraging environment. We are committed to scientific integrity, collegiality, honesty, objectivity, and openness. We value Grit, Learning Agility, Customer obsession and Teamwork.
If this sounds like the place for you, we are seeking a Staff Systems Engineer to lead the implementation and qualification of complex instruments consisting of optics, fluidics, motion, and other functions. This is a key role within our system engineering group requiring an experienced technical expert who can collaborate closely with cross-functional teammates from hardware, software, wet chemistry, informatics, marketing, manufacturing, and service functions.
- Work with marketing and other technical leads to translate marketing requirements to product and system requirements.
- Own system requirements and system level budget (time, power, thermal, vibration, etc.) through product development.
- Help subsystem owners to define sub system and module requirements based on product and system requirements.
- Lead hardware and software integration, test, and characterization of instrument system and subsystem performance.
- Design, conduct, and analyze experiments to evaluate technical feasibility and to troubleshoot instrument performance.
- Develop system models and performance budgets. Evaluate tradeoffs with key stakeholders to set priorities and achieve corporate goals.
- Lead root cause analysis at the interfaces of thermal, chemistry, optical, fluidic, and mechanical systems.
- Contribute to prototype instrument build and functional test and coordinate execution of EVT/DVT activities
- Contribute to the company’s product development roadmap by exploring new design concepts and technologies.
- Minimum BS degree in Engineering or Physics and 10+ years relevant work experience (or equivalent combination of education and industry experience).
- Proficient with data analysis in MATLAB, Python or other programing languages required.
- Experience with risk analysis, FMEA analysis, and reliability test design.
- Capability to design and execute DOEs to identify significant factors efficiently.
- Familiarity with requirements management, tradeoff analysis, traceability and verification testing.
- Prior hands-on experience with mini- or micro-fluidic systems and strong understanding of fluid mechanics preferred.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment and quickly adjust to rapidly evolving technology and priorities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, capable of clearly explaining technical issues and ideas to peers and management
- Ability to work with cross-functional and interdisciplinary teams.
- Experience with optical microscopy, microfluidic systems, and precision motion systems.
- Prior experience with product development at the interface of instrumentation, consumables, and chemistry preferred.