Element Biosciences is a multi-disciplinary startup focused on innovating genetic analysis tools for the research and clinical markets. The Company's technology will broaden the end user experience through improved data quality and simplified workflows to benefit discoveries and diagnosis in healthcare.
As the DevOps Engineer, you will be responsible for range of activities required to both maintain and continuously automate a robust, multiregional cloud-based computing infrastructure. You will be responsible for design, development and implementation of infrastructure using best practices for the security, architecture, configuration, high availability, disaster recovery, administration and automation of the deployment of the development and production software systems. These activities will drive the creation of new infrastructure and environments, which will be critical to continued growth and adoption of broad cloud/automation goals across the business.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Develop and own best practices/methodologies for provisioning, application scaling, configuration management, capacity planning, monitoring, etc
- Drive automation, DevOps and Infrastructure as Code best Practices
- Analyze and comprehend how users are using the platform and help drive continuous improvement of the offering based on that
- Provide end user support, training and documentation
- Participate in on-call rotation
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or above, majoring in computer science or related fields, with at least 1 year of related work experience
- Experience in debugging and automating routine tasks
- Experience programming in at least one of the following language: Python, Java, C/C++
- Experience developing CI/CD workflows and tools, such as Jenkins, Bamboo, TeamCity, and/or GitLab
- Experience with IaC, using CloudFormation, Terraform, or other tools
- Experience with microservices and distributed application architecture, such as containers, Kubernetes, and/or serverless technology
- Experience with the full software development lifecycle and delivery using Agile practices
- Experience with monitoring and log aggregating frameworks
- Familiar with system operation skills in Linux and network, has experience working with Unix Linux system from kernel to shell and beyond
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Ability to work on a cross-functional team and independently
- Strong organizational and detail-oriented skills
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve problems
We are passionate about our mission to develop high performing products to study genomics in an unprecedented flexibility and to understand biology for the improvement of healthcare. We have built a highly efficient product-driven organization where employees can learn, grow and thrive in a challenging but encouraging environment. We are committed to scientific integrity, collegiality, honesty, objectivity, and openness. We offer excellent benefits, which include a 401K plan, competitive health benefits, flexible vacation, and equity incentives.
We foster an environment such that all people are afforded the freedom to pursue their passions without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.