Element Biosciences is a multi-disciplinary startup focused on innovating genetic analysis tools for the research and clinical markets. The Company's technology will broaden the end user experience through improved data quality and simplified workflows to benefit discoveries and diagnosis in healthcare.
In this newly created role, you will be key in aligning our business initiatives with employees and the leadership team. throughout Element Biosciences. The role will develop strong organizational relationships with key leadership, driving agility and transformation throughout the Human Resources and Talent Management functions. You will deliver operational excellence in learning and development, organizational health, and employee performance. Your expertise and initiative will drive the scaleup for an organization in stealth mode, driving excellence, leveraging your knowledge in business analytics developing a strategy that will influence retention, engagement, and growth.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Manage, research, and redesign the human resource business functions to capitalize on expertise and knowledge, reviewing metrics and gaps, to enable the organizations' fast-paced evolution
- Design the company’s human capital engagement, retention, and learning & development strategy
- Partner with senior leaders on strategic initiatives related to; change management, people strategy, learning and organizational development, career development, identifying skills gaps with leadership aligning business plans to retain knowledge and cross-functional opportunities
- Provide day-to-day employee relations management and advisory to leadership
- Assist with annual merit review program to support the business initiatives and employee retention
- Manage and resolves complex employee relations issues
- Conduct effective, thorough, and objective investigations through performance improvement planning
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks, and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partnering with internal legal counsel and external immigration legal representation
- Develop, review, and implement effective candidate engagement experience aligning with the company’s vision, values, and ethics as defined by senior leadership and the business growth
- Design new Human Resource policies to manage scaleup activities to pivot the organization's human capital capabilities aligning with commercial goals and forecasts
- Oversee the implementation of the human resource, policy, process, and policy improvement
- Develop the employee handbook, to meet the demands of a growing diverse workforce
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- An in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employee relations, reducing legal risks, and ensuring regulatory compliance, federal and state employment laws and regulations, and immigration needs, in partnership with general counsel and legal representation.Working knowledge of multiple human resources and associated disciplines: including employee relations, diversity and inclusion, performance management, and learning and development
- Current working knowledge of Global employment laws and legislation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, aptitude, and drive to support an organization in stealth mode
- Ability to communicate and build internal systems. policy and process that drive the culture forward at Element Biosciences
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail, supporting data-driven recommendations to support the business needs
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, advance in Excel or similar software, cloud-based platforms, HRIS, data analytics platforms, and tools, (Tableau, PowerBI or similar), and virtual software platforms, MS Teams, Zoom, Confluence, Intranet, cloud-based, shared drives, ATS and payroll systems.
- Desired knowledge with Paylocity and Greenhouse
Education and Experience
- MBA in business administration, data analytics, business intelligence or related field, with a minimum of 8 -10 years’ industry experience, (an equivalent combination of experience and education may be considered)
We are passionate about our mission to develop high performing products to study genomics in an unprecedented flexibility and to understand biology for the improvement of healthcare. We have built a highly efficient product-driven organization where employees can learn, grow, and thrive in a challenging but encouraging environment. We are committed to scientific integrity, collegiality, honesty, objectivity, and openness. We offer excellent benefits, which include a 401K plan, competitive health benefits, flexible vacation, and equity incentives.
We foster an environment such that all people are afforded the freedom to pursue their passions without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.