Element Biosciences is a multi-disciplinary startup focused on innovating genetic analysis tools for the research and clinical markets. The Company's technology will broaden the end user experience through improved data quality and simplified workflows to benefit discoveries and diagnosis in healthcare.
Join a team of dreamers and revolutionaries who are focused on democratizing access to genetic analysis, thereby accelerating the pace of scientific discovery. We are redefining an industry and the possibilities are endless.
We have built a highly efficient product-driven organization where employees can learn, grow and thrive in a challenging but encouraging environment. We are committed to scientific integrity, collegiality, honesty, objectivity, and openness. We value Grit, Learning Agility, Customer obsession and Teamwork.
If this sounds like you, we are looking for an experienced Executive Assistant to be based in San Diego, supporting 3 Executives. The ideal candidate will be a motivated self-starter with impeccable attention-to-detail, high energy, strong project management skills and a proactive attitude. In this role, you will assume a wide range of responsibilities, all of which will require ingenuity, innovation, and integrity.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Oversee and/or perform duties associated with scheduling, organizing, and operating complex conferences, seminars, and events, including arranging with vendors for services, overseeing the production and distribution of materials, administering logistics, and managing event within budget
- Compose and draft documents and correspondence for presentations, course handouts, grants, conferences, seminars, and reports; perform substantial editing and fact checking
- Create, maintain, modify, and/or ensure accuracy of content in various unit documents, displays, reports, brochures, social media, and/or websites
- Plan and schedule calendar(s) with limited consultation, resolve calendaring conflicts, and arrange travel in compliance with company travel policies
- Create complex reports and spreadsheets which may utilize specialized software and systems
- Complete expense reports aligned with company policies using Concur software platform
- Establish processes to make executive interaction more efficient and effective
- Oversee and/or process a variety of complex financial transactions; produce, monitor, and reconcile budget statements; research, identify, and resolve discrepancies.
- Oversee culture and engagement programs for the company, including happy hours, holiday party, and other employee-focused events
- Advanced computer skills and demonstrated experience with office software and email applications.
- Demonstrated success in following through and completing projects.
- Willingness to “roll up one’s sleeves” and assist wherever needed
- Flexibility to perform job duties outside of normal business hours
- Poise, discretion, tact, and the ability to interact with others with high levels of sophistication and diplomacy
- Experience in and an aptitude for using technology to improve work efficiency
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels and departments within a company is imperative
- Strong communication and organizational skills and ability to balance multiple priorities.
- Excellent organizational, troubleshooting, project management and problem-solving skills with high attention to detail
Education and Experience
- 5-7 years of experience as an assistant; minimum of 5 years working at the executive level
We are passionate about our mission to develop high performing products to study genomics in an unprecedented flexibility and to understand biology for the improvement of healthcare. We have built a highly efficient product-driven organization where employees can learn, grow and thrive in a challenging but encouraging environment. We are committed to scientific integrity, collegiality, honesty, objectivity, and openness. We offer excellent benefits, which include a 401K plan, competitive health benefits, flexible vacation, and equity incentives.
We foster an environment such that all people are afforded the freedom to pursue their passions without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.